Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 02:28 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,934,377 times

Advertisements

I want a Chicken Tikka Masala pizza. No really...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 PM

21,553 posts, read 27,794,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I want a Chicken Tikka Masala pizza. No really...
Combining New Haven pizza with Coromandel would merge my 2 favorite food things into a concoction that I'm pretty sure would cause a warp in the space time continuum.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:15 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,790,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I ate at Bar last night in New Haven. My review: Meh.

Not nearly as good as Sally's, Pepe's, or Modern. I think people go because it has a big bar and a club type atmosphere. For my money, I won't be going back...

Tonight, I'll be enjoying the fine hamburgers and hot dogs available at New Britian Rock Cat's stadium.

Tomorrow: Vegas
When your in Vegas if your into burgers you're in luck. They have 3 burger places that we don't have on the east coast.

Carl's Jr (next to the Stratosphere hotel) area is kinda bad so be mindful @ nite

IN-N-OUT burger - just off the highway on Tropicana Ave.

Fatburger - Next to the MGM hotel

Wife and I didn't have a chance to try fatburger, but in-n-out burger is excellent. We went there twice.

Carl's Jr nothing special kinda reminds me what burger king burgers used to taste like. At least we can say we've been there though.

Except for the burgers I can't think of any other really different foods to try in Vegas.

If you have enough time try a side trip to the Hoover Dam. We thought the place was pretty cool and is only 45 mins from Vegas. (hint take the $11 tour)

Old 04-14-2011, 03:32 PM

21,553 posts, read 27,794,997 times
Yeah, Carl's Jr is not worth going out of the way. I might be biased as I got EXTREMELY sick from one in Colorado once. Fatburger is solid, and In-N-Out is definitely worth trying. My favorite fast food burger by far.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
Combining New Haven pizza with Coromandel would merge my 2 favorite food things into a concoction that I'm pretty sure would cause a warp in the space time continuum.
LOL

Oh man...just think of a giant round Garlic Naan loaded up with all the goodness.

I've had the idea of an "International Pizza" place for a long time now. Have pizzas made to represent cuisine all around the world. Thai Pizza, French Pizza, Central American, "American" Pizza, Indian Pizza, Medditerranean Pizza on and on. I'm talking real deal, not some lame "taco pizza" but chef quality foods, made into a pizza. Think it would fly?

Old 04-14-2011, 04:17 PM

57 posts, read 134,947 times
I'm thinking before I read this thread I should go eat dinner. LOL

Old 04-14-2011, 05:30 PM

6,007 posts, read 4,987,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
LOL

Oh man...just think of a giant round Garlic Naan loaded up with all the goodness.

I've had the idea of an "International Pizza" place for a long time now. Have pizzas made to represent cuisine all around the world. Thai Pizza, French Pizza, Central American, "American" Pizza, Indian Pizza, Medditerranean Pizza on and on. I'm talking real deal, not some lame "taco pizza" but chef quality foods, made into a pizza. Think it would fly?
Not so far-fetched. There's a bunch of fusion Indian pizza places out in the Bay area of N. Calif. where my in-laws live. I had a super spicy one once with cilantro, red onion, and serrano chilies. Check out a couple of examples:

.::Mirchi Cafe::. | Home

Welcome to PizzaAndCurry.com . We deliver the best Pizza & Indian Food on the East Bay. Order Online!

and yes...they do have chicken tikka pizza!

Old 04-15-2011, 04:27 AM

431 posts, read 442,561 times
For dessert, I love Claires cornercopia in New Haven. Nothing like when you get a cake that is still warm and they glob their buttercream on top and it melts a little bit.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,906,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I ate at Bar last night in New Haven. My review: Meh.

Not nearly as good as Sally's, Pepe's, or Modern. I think people go because it has a big bar and a club type atmosphere. For my money, I won't be going back...

Tonight, I'll be enjoying the fine hamburgers and hot dogs available at New Britian Rock Cat's stadium.

Tomorrow: Vegas
Try Il Fornaio Restaurants and Bakeries for a chain, very good and nice atmosphere. There's one in New York, New York and over at Green valley Ranch in Henderson. Great lasagna...

Old 05-17-2011, 03:16 PM

Tossing a couple more places into the ring.

Had a fantastic Chinese meal at China Sea in Windsor. (Across from Wild Wings) It's a real restaurant and not a strip mall Chinese joint. Think Butterfly in West Hartford - only better IMO.

China Sea- Authentic Chinese & Japanese Restaurant at Windsor, CT

Also, the BEST fish and chips in Hartford is at Deep Water Seafood company in Avon on RT44. It's owned by Ex-Pat Brits and is FANTASTIC.

Deepwaterlobster (http://www.deepwaterlobstercompany.com/Deepwaterlobst/Deepwaterlobsx.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut