Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:35 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,845,295 times

Advertisements

I think if families can afford it, it's much better to have a parent home rather than drop the child off at daycare for the day.

The below comment is typical of the petty and snide bickering between women and the old argument of which mom is best, the working mom or the SAHM. Personally I have found both working and SAHM's who annoy the heck out of me for being "silly". I knew it was only a matter of time before someone here had to claim that working moms were better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post
I need to go back to work myself, I much preferred the working moms. They had far less time on their hands to obsess over the silliest things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 09:54 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,443,260 times
I never said which mom was best, I just voiced my opinion on which people I preferred to hang around.

If you are asking my opinion on which is best though, I would say it is best to have a happy family over anything else. A miserable SAHM is certainly no better than a quality childcare facility.

Way to start a debate, though. Helps to prove my point over obsessing over the silliest things.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:10 AM

21,553 posts, read 30,976,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post
Way to start a debate, though. Helps to prove my point over obsessing over the silliest things.
Preferred to hang around with? Really? Talk about obsession over silly things. How about not grouping all stay at home moms into the stereotype of overobsessive picky brats? Perhaps maybe there could be the possibility that every SAHM has a different situation? What about the unemployed SAHMs that are trying to find a job, even part time? Or do you not consider any of this, and just live in the clouds assuming stereotypes to be true?

Or MAYBE(!) there are great SAHMs and great working moms, and crappy SAHMs and crappy working moms. Imagine that!

And FWIW, you're boasting about how working moms make better friends, yet you're posting on C-D at 11 AM. I hope, for your sake, that you work the evening shift. And if you are at work, well, I prefer to be friends with people who earn what they're paid. Just sayin'.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:22 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,630,510 times
What's a SAHM. Sexy and hot mama

Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Sexy and hot mama
Yes.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Preferred to hang around with? Really? Talk about obsession over silly things. How about not grouping all stay at home moms into the stereotype of overobsessive picky brats? Perhaps maybe there could be the possibility that every SAHM has a different situation? What about the unemployed SAHMs that are trying to find a job, even part time? Or do you not consider any of this, and just live in the clouds assuming stereotypes to be true?

Or MAYBE(!) there are great SAHMs and great working moms, and crappy SAHMs and crappy working moms. Imagine that!

And FWIW, you're boasting about how working moms make better friends, yet you're posting on C-D at 11 AM. I hope, for your sake, that you work the evening shift. And if you are at work, well, I prefer to be friends with people who earn what they're paid. Just sayin'.
I post on C-D whenever I want, even right now, I'm in the office. Imagine that

Yet, deadlines are met and nobody's throwing me out

I disagree with your statement and I think your attack on jjinla is uncalled for. Anyone is allowed to say anything they want. If people take offence to something, it's always becoz they got a mirror held in front of them

Old 05-26-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
If people take offence to something, it's always becoz they got a mirror held in front of them
Should I dignify myself with a response?

Old 05-26-2011, 12:53 PM

21,553 posts, read 27,794,997 times
Quote:
I post on C-D whenever I want, even right now, I'm in the office. Imagine that
Ditto. Not a robot, gotta take breaks to stay sane.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:57 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,443,260 times
I decided not to dignify any of it with a response this time. I have no idea how my saying that I am a housewife, but preferred to hang out with my working friends, became an all-out attack on stay at home moms (or people that post on CD from work). Ah well, and so it happens on the internet....

Old 05-26-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
Ditto. Not a robot, gotta take breaks to stay sane.
Kid's posting now. He must be retired LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut