Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 10:46 AM

7 posts, read 21,381 times

Advertisements

I have the opportunity to visit the area for a couple of days. Will be a fact finding excursion for me - considering relocating and need to scope out all the places that have been sounding so good! I will be traversing north/south in and along 395 - Putnam, Mansfield, Windham, Coventry, Colchester, Willington, etc. I am trying to find someplace to stay overnight that might be central and have some local activities - walking to restaurants, coffee shops, etc. I will be travelling alone so something like a B&B or small hotel type accommodation would be best. This will be a week-day visit M/T/W so hopefully will miss out on any "crowds". Not really looking to head down to the coast - have family there and would really like to concentrate on the NE areas during this visit.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 12:12 PM

4,462 posts, read 7,971,037 times
The north east corner of CT is rather rural.

If you like good restaurants, coffee shops, I would suggest Putnam.
Colchester in New London County, which lies to the SW of Putnam is also a great place to consider with as much as Putnam.

Eastern CT has many historic Bed & Breakfasts and Inns.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:11 PM
sun

683 posts, read 2,120,516 times
This hotel isn't a bed and breakfast, but it's adjacent to the University of CT, right where you said that you wanted to be in Mansfield/Storrs (+ Windham, Coventry, Willington R nearby):

Nathan Hale Inn & Conference Center

Old 08-06-2007, 05:21 AM

4,462 posts, read 7,971,037 times
Click on the link for a list of Bed and Breakfasts and Inns in eastern CT.

Lodging: Mystic Country - Connecticut/Rhode Island Hotels - New England (http://www.mysticcountry.com/Lodging/? - broken link)

Old 08-06-2007, 08:06 AM

7 posts, read 21,381 times
Thanks for that link! That's exactly the type of info I was looking for.
I will be visiting next week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut