Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:46 AM

521 posts, read 1,151,093 times

Advertisements

Just wondering. Though 4th of July is over & done with, hear and see all this big displays of fireworks, inside suburban neighborhoods, crowded ones at that just recently!

While I do love fireworks, I do think this is very dangerous and fires could easily result.
So, is it really LEGAL to fire off fireworks in a crowded neighborhood in the state of CT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 07:06 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Not again.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/search.php

Old 07-17-2011, 08:19 AM

What's the matter Jviello? Are you mad I even asked this question? I'm confused here.

Or are you mad they're still firing off fireworks, big ones at that, the kind you see at Fireworks on the Forth of July, in a crowded neighborhood?
They have gas lines too, all over the area they're firing these things off. I just think it's dangerous, that's all. It's getting pretty dry outside now.

CT is not a very safe place to live anymore.
No one wants to do anything about all the dangerous situations that exist here.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:19 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post

CT is not a very safe place to live anymore.
No one wants to do anything about all the dangerous situations that exist here.
Really? REALLY?

Most states have much looser fireworks laws or none at all.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:20 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
We're concerned someone's house is going to catch fire, period.
Name one actual case of that happening in CT in the past few years.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:30 AM

It's been talked about over and over and over and over year after year after year after year.

TOS:
Please use the Search this Forum tool to find info you need, as much has already been written about schools, jobs, weather, crime, prices, rentals, walkability and other aspects of a location. If you don't find it, please sign in and ask your questions. New users should use the Search this Forum tool before posting a question that may have already been answered. Let us know that you have searched the forums, so we don't assume otherwise.

Last edited by JayCT; 07-18-2011 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: Removed deleted quote

Old 07-17-2011, 12:10 PM

TOS:
Please use the Search this Forum tool to find info you need, as much has already been written about schools, jobs, weather, crime, prices, rentals, walkability and other aspects of a location. If you don't find it, please sign in and ask your questions. New users should use the Search this Forum tool before posting a question that may have already been answered. Let us know that you have searched the forums, so we don't assume otherwise.
TOS:
TOS:
TOS:

Last edited by JayCT; 07-18-2011 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: Remove deleted post

Old 07-18-2011, 08:25 AM

Well, wasting my time again asking ??s on this forum, but JUST looked at the Search engine for this site, and this is what JayCt said awhile back.
"07-16-2007, 05:33 PM
JayCT
befriend

Only certain non-exploding fireworks can be sold in CT. They changed the law several years ago allowing them. They are even sold in the supermarket now here. Jay

The fireworks, I, Dana Marley, am talking certainly were exploding, 100 feet up in the air. The kind professionals use.

I just talked to a local fireman and he said that "No, you couldn't use those kind of fireworks, yourself, if you're not a pyrotechnic professional. It's not legal."

And I'm not flaming anyone here, just stating facts.
I guess as long as you're not at risk, it is not your concern.

Last edited by DanaMarley; 07-18-2011 at 08:49 AM..

Old 07-18-2011, 08:32 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,899,308 times
If you use the search engine you will easily see that there are numerous existing threads on legal/illegal fireworks. I don't see how anyone was wasting your time by suggesting you do a search.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=30646970

Old 07-18-2011, 08:54 AM

And if you think that fireworks do not cause fires, then you need to check out this website:

www.nfpa.org/assets/files/pdf/​os.fireworks.pdf · PDF file
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut