U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2011, 10:39 PM
 
4,787 posts, read 8,419,778 times
Reputation: 12575

Advertisements

The article JViello references is from 2009. In 2010 the author of the article retracted it. Lots of confusion over words.

Click on link and read through and also read the comments within the link
It's very long- sorry

American Socialist Party: 70 Democrats Outed As Members » Right Pundits

Bernie Sanders of VT is the only congressmen who identifies as a socialist. He refers to himself as a social democrat and does not belong to any socialist named political party. He runs and is elected as an independent.

The Socialist Party of America ceased to exist in 1973 . Hard to have members of Congress belong to a non existent group in 2009 or for a non-existent group put forth names of members of Congress as members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2011, 11:04 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,394 posts, read 3,265,360 times
Reputation: 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Bernie Sanders of VT is the only congressmen who identifies as a socialist.
The rest of the socialists do it stealthily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 05:47 AM
 
Location: New England
8,155 posts, read 17,934,016 times
Reputation: 3274
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsNY View Post
Seriously?

and 50 years ago we had Communists running around the Capitol too...

Enough with the nonsense. America needs to stop blaming their problems on politicians.
Yep, and do you think they just disappeared into the night? No my friend, they have offspring and many are in our government and universities.
I have personally witnessed the heart-rending results of the loss of freedom. I have talked face-to-face with the godless Communist leaders. It may surprise you to learn that I was host to Mr. Khrushchev for a half-day when he visited the United States. Not that I'm proud of it. I opposed his coming then, and I still feel it was a mistake to welcome this atheistic murderer as a state visitor.

As we talked face-to-face, he indicated that my grandchildren would live under Communism. After assuring him that I expected to do all in my power to assure that his, and all other grandchildren, will live under freedom, he arrogantly declared, in substance:

"You Americans are so gullible. No, you won't accept communism outright. But we'll keep feeding you small doses of socialism until you finally wake up and find you already have communism. We won't have to fight you; we'll so weaken your economy until you fall like overripe fruit into our hands."

Ezra Taft Benson
Secretary of Agriculture
How's that 14 trillion in debt looking? How many people are on government food stamps now? How many on SSI? How many on Medicare?


Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
This has to be some sort of "rumor mill" even with you showing a couple of obscure sites, which by the way the articles are 1-2 years old. I don't think even Fox News has reported anything like this, and I'm sure they would've long jumped on it if it were really true. This sounds like modern day "McCarthy-ist paranoia" to me......

Obama may "lean left" (though ironically many Democrats think he's not "left enough") but a Socialist? Give me a break. The only one on that list who probably really is a "pure Socialist" is Bernie Sanders.
As much as I would love to engage several aspects of your post, I'm going to try and keep this on topic for CT which is Rosa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
The article JViello references is from 2009. In 2010 the author of the article retracted it. Lots of confusion over words.

Click on link and read through and also read the comments within the link
It's very long- sorry

American Socialist Party: 70 Democrats Outed As Members » Right Pundits

Bernie Sanders of VT is the only congressmen who identifies as a socialist. He refers to himself as a social democrat and does not belong to any socialist named political party. He runs and is elected as an independent.

The Socialist Party of America ceased to exist in 1973 . Hard to have members of Congress belong to a non existent group in 2009 or for a non-existent group put forth names of members of Congress as members.
No author of the original document retracted anything. Just the link you provided to Right Wing Pundits.

Furthermore, the documentation doesn't say "The Socialist Party of America" it's say "Democratic Socialist Party of America" which is alive, well and kicking.

The only thing I will say is the Congression Progressive Caucus reflects a similar list.

Can one say the list is actually it? Maybe.

However, who started the CPC? Oh, right Bernie Sanders, card carrying Democratic Socialist of America party member. But they have no ties to each other do they?
Since 1982, DSA has been working for progressive change. As a national organization, DSA joins with its allies in Congress' Progressive Caucus and in many other progressive organizations, fighting for the interests of the average citizen both in legislative struggles and in other campaigns to educate the public on progressive issues and to secure progressive access to the media.
Several past members of CPC have been close to DSA including David Bonior, Hilda Solis, Ron Dellums and Major Owens. Serving Illinois Congressman Danny Davis is a DSA member, while Jan Schakowsky, Jerrold Nadler, Bob Filner, John Conyers, John Lewis and Bernie Sanders all have DSA connections.

According to a Democratic Socialists of Central Ohio, Progressive Challenge, was a national coalition of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, Americans for Democratic Action, NOW, and Democratic Socialists of America.

In 1999 the Young Democratic Socialists of James Madison University wrote;
D.S.A. is not a political party, but rather works within the left wing of the Democratic Party and other third parties. D.S.A. is a driving force for the Progressive Caucus in the U.S. House of Representatives (led by Rep. Bernie Sanders, Socialist Congressman of Vermont).
I'll just leave it at that for now...safe to say they are very connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
The rest of the socialists do it stealthily.
Exactly. If you change the names enough, people get confused and even good people like Mlassoff start calling themselves progressives and have no idea how deep the socialist/communist entrenchment really is.

As for Delauro: Sigh...where to start.

Rosa DeLauro’s Congressional District - centers on the City of New Haven, which happens to be a stronghold of the Communist Party USA America's oldest and most influential Marxist-Leninist organization founded in 1919.

What you didn't know? LOL

For many years the Connecticut Communist Party has been very influential in the local labor movement, “peace” movement, city government and the Democratic Party.


The Communist Party’s activity, is centered on the New Haven Peoples Center, (established 1937), which houses Party front groups, and hosts Party functions.

Communist Party member Al Marder is president of the Peoples Center, while Joelle Fishman serves as a board member.

On August 11, the Party allied local chapter of the Alliance for Retired Americans (Joelle Fishman is a board member) hosted a function to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the establishment of Social Security.

Guest of honor was local Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro.



Listening to the first few minutes this speech, makes its very clear that DeLauro is familiar with many of those in attendance.


‪Rosa Delauro at the People's Center on Social Security‬‏ - YouTube

Photograher at the event , which was well covered in the Peoples World, was long time Communist Party supporter Henry Lowendorf.

Celestino Cordova, at least a Communist Party supporter, presented DeLauro with postcards, calling on Congress to reject any proposals to raise the retirement age or cut benefits. Cordova serves on the Communist City of New Haven Peace Commission with Party members Al Marder and Joelle Fishman and indicates his support for the Party paper Peoples World on his Facebook page.

Rosa and Cordova:



Below is a picture taken at the August 11 Peoples Center celebration , of DeLauro embracing confirmed communist Joelle Fishman.



Joelle Fishman is not just any communist. Fishman chairs the Connecticut Communist Party and is a member of the Communist Party USA National Board.

Most importantly however she is Chair of the Party’s Political Action Commission. This is an highly important and influential post.
Fishman has the responsibility for organizing Party support for “progressive” Democratic Party candidates at the state, congressional, senate and presidential levels.

Incidentally Joelle Fishman is also the daughter-in-law of the late Victor Perlo, an economist and Party member who spied for the Soviet Union inside the U.S. Government in the 1930s and ’40s.

Rosa DeLauro is no stranger to communist causes:

In the 1980s she was executive director for Countdown ‘87 a national campaign to stop U.S. military aid to the Nicaraguan Contras – who were then fighting the Marxist-Leninist led Sandinistas.

A decade later, Congresswoman DeLauro was a co-sponsor of H.R. 950, the Job Creation and Infrastructure Restoration Act of 1997 . This Bill was promoted by the Los Angeles Labor Coalition for Public Works Jobs and the New York Coalition for Public Works Jobs – both of which were led by Communist Party USA members or supporters.

In recent times DeLauro has co-sponsored, H. Res. (House Resolution) 68, calling for the U.S. to abide by the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty. This Resolution is supported by several Communist Party USA influenced organizations, including the Greater New Haven Peace Council, which is led by Party linked activists Al Marder and Henry Lowendorf.

How deep you want to go folks? It's real, it's here, it's in Washington. You can stick your head in the sand and blow it off if you like. I don't go to bed freaking out about this stuff, but it doesn't mean I have to be ignorant of it either.

So yes Mlassoff, she may be a nice person but she's a socialist/communist at heart.

Here is some more info if you want to read more:

Rosa DeLauro - KeyWiki

[Delauro is supported by] The Council for a Livable World, founded in 1962 by long-time socialist activist and alleged Soviet agent, Leo Szilard, is a non-profit advocacy organization that seeks to "reduce the danger of nuclear weapons and increase national security", primarily through supporting progressive, congressional candidates who support their policies. The Council supported Rosa DeLauro in her successful House of Representatives run as candidate for Connecticut.

You can't make it up folks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 05:55 AM
 
243 posts, read 627,737 times
Reputation: 152
It's 7 in the Morning and you're on an internet blog site talkin about the communists infiltrating our country.

Seriously, all you do is complain. I heard Canada is accepting residents, take the next flight out of here, and do us all a favor, leave your computer.

Last edited by JayCT; 07-19-2011 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: Flame
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 06:09 AM
 
Location: New England
8,155 posts, read 17,934,016 times
Reputation: 3274
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsNY View Post
It's 7 in the Morning and you're on an internet blog site talkin about the communists infiltrating our country.

Seriously, all you do is complain. I heard Canada is accepting residents, take the next flight out of here, and do us all a favor, leave your computer.
Been in the office since 5:30am. Heading out on the road now. Thanks for your concern though. Does your boss know you're on the interwebs?

I have an idea, stop attacking the person bringing factual information to the table and look at it for what it is. Unless it hits a little too close to home for YOU. Just sayin...

Last edited by JayCT; 07-19-2011 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Removed flame quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Live in NY State, (sometimes) work in CT
8,728 posts, read 13,893,738 times
Reputation: 3196
Next someone out there on the Internet will say that certain politicians that are considerably "right of center" are "Fascists"......

Re JViello post #13: I'll grant based on your "photographic evidence" in this post that maybe DeLauro is up there with Sanders, and maybe you can find this kind of stuff on one or a couple of more on that list (if I had to suspect from that list, Keith Ellison comes potentially to my mind for one), but my point is I doubt all 70 are. I'll leave it at that so this thread can focus on Rosa DeLauro.

Regarding Sanders, I'll grant that when I was considering a move to the Burlington, VT area a couple of years ago, I was shocked at how "far left" the place was, I'm more left than right on average and even I found it a bit uncomfortable (almost as much as many places I consider to be "far right"), though I grant even in the towns that immediately border the city like Essex Junction and Winooski it was far less "in your face" than in Burlington itself (like I found it strange that there's only one Wal-Mart and no CVS stores, I have my own "leftish rants" about Wal-Mart but not to the point where I think it's un-American/illegal for them to exist). Made even San Francisco and Greenwich Village NYC look at least "centrist" by comparison to me.

Last edited by 7 Wishes; 07-19-2011 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 09:41 AM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,381 posts, read 22,184,832 times
Reputation: 4493
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Been in the office since 5:30am. Heading out on the road now. Thanks for your concern though. Does your boss know you're on the interwebs?

I have an idea, stop attacking the person bringing factual information to the table and look at it for what it is. Unless it hits a little too close to home for YOU. Just sayin...
Well sounds like you won't have your job for long if your boss found out your online moaning and bitching about politicians online....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 09:50 AM
 
Location: New England
8,155 posts, read 17,934,016 times
Reputation: 3274
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Next someone out there on the Internet will say that certain politicians that are considerably "right of center" are "Fascists"......

Re JViello post #13: I'll grant based on your "photographic evidence" in this post that maybe DeLauro is up there with Sanders, and maybe you can find this kind of stuff on one or a couple of more on that list (if I had to suspect from that list, Keith Ellison comes potentially to my mind for one), but my point is I doubt all 70 are. I'll leave it at that so this thread can focus on Rosa DeLauro.

Regarding Sanders, I'll grant that when I was considering a move to the Burlington, VT area a couple of years ago, I was shocked at how "far left" the place was, I'm more left than right on average and even I found it a bit uncomfortable (almost as much as many places I consider to be "far right"), though I grant even in the towns that immediately border the city like Essex Junction and Winooski it was far less "in your face" than in Burlington itself (like I found it strange that there's only one Wal-Mart and no CVS stores, I have my own "leftish rants" about Wal-Mart but not to the point where I think it's un-American/illegal for them to exist). Made even San Francisco and Greenwich Village NYC look at least "centrist" by comparison to me.
LOL We are not that far in disagreement. I'm sure some are on that list as a political "me too". As for the facists...same coin, different side.

Have you ever seen this video? Very enlightening and it changes one's perspective.


‪Types of Government - Republic vs. Democracy vs. Oligarchy‬‏ - YouTube

Right now I feel like this is what's happening in Washington.


‪government math‬‏ - YouTube

Rosa's pretty far out there, I didn't realize how much until I spent a little time doing research.

Like I said, this stuff doesn't keep me up at night, but I do think it's good to be informed. I'm sure most who voted for her, have NO CLUE how cozy she is with socialist and communists. Heck, I doubt most knew New Haven was ground zero for one of the most powerful communist organizations in the country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Well sounds like you won't have your job for long if your boss found out your online moaning and bitching about politicians online....
Yea I talked to him about that...here's how the conversation went.

Me: Boss, you mind if I talk politics online?
Me: Not at all.

You'll figure that out sooner or later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 09:59 AM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,381 posts, read 22,184,832 times
Reputation: 4493
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
LOL We are not that far in disagreement. I'm sure some are on that list as a political "me too". As for the facists...same coin, different side.

Have you ever seen this video? Very enlightening and it changes one's perspective.


‪Types of Government - Republic vs. Democracy vs. Oligarchy‬‏ - YouTube

Right now I feel like this is what's happening in Washington.


‪government math‬‏ - YouTube

Rosa's pretty far out there, I didn't realize how much until I spent a little time doing research.

Like I said, this stuff doesn't keep me up at night, but I do think it's good to be informed. I'm sure most who voted for her, have NO CLUE how cozy she is with socialist and communists. Heck, I doubt most knew New Haven was ground zero for one of the most powerful communist organizations in the country!



Yea I talked to him about that...here's how the conversation went.

Me: Boss, you mind if I talk politics online?
Me: Not at all.

You'll figure that out sooner or later.
Sigh , what a waste of a job then....if your not a blogger then you should be working like most of this country is doing... It angers me that we have companies that pay ppl to sit around and do nothing all day while millions struggle to find work.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 10:05 AM
 
Location: New England
8,155 posts, read 17,934,016 times
Reputation: 3274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Sigh , what a waste of a job then....if your not a blogger then you should be working like most of this country is doing... It angers me that we have companies that pay ppl to sit around and do nothing all day while millions struggle to find work.....
Strike One: Keep trying.

BTW: It's lunchtime, I'm in my air conditioned work truck using my 4g Droid as a hotspot for the laptop. This thing called technology is pretty cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top