Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 01:01 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I eventually got over it...no, I didn't go to a therapist. The image of the little girl crying out to God, showing the photo of her dad who worked at Cantor Fitzgerald and asking for God to bring her Dad home was too much for me. I basically reacted the same way with the Oklahoma City bombing....
You just need to turn the TV off sometimes or flip channels

This is where E! comes in handy. Kim K's booty appears once in a while and I'm like, "Oh, yum!"

I hope you are staying off the tv now.

Last edited by Currency Pair Crocodile; 09-09-2011 at 01:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
How is my understanding of scripture stunted? It is clearly written in the Bible for anyone who reads it. It's either true, or it's false. You can't pick and choose which verses to believe or disbelieve in. And don't tell me that the Bible was meant to be metaphoric. Do you really think an all-powerful god would expect billions of people of varying degrees of intelligence to thoroughly understand this monstrosity of a book in a metaphorical manner? A truly believable book of religion would leave us with undeniable, unanimous agreement that the god exists. His existence would be undeniable and undebatable. But no. Instead we have this collection of 66 books written by primitive men, with thousands of verses that are interpreted differently by different people to this day.
Exactly, like your own stunted interpretations two posts ago. The Bible is a guide to lead a personally virtuous life, not to further an agenda.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:46 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
Quote:
It is extremely unfortunate that 9/11 occurred and cost thousansd of lives. I hope it never happens again, and let's not forget that one of the biggest driving forces that led to this event is TERRORISTS!
There I fixed it for you. I hope you feel better venting your hate for others in this thread. Your' "depression" posts make more sense now, but you'll never put 2 and 2 together. You really should be ashamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
JViello - Was your good friend safe? Jay
Yea eventually he got out, but was right in the ash fall and was alive but has never been the same. Thank you for asking. What a horrible horrible day. I simply can't imagine some of the phone conversations that took place from those towers that morning.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:51 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Yea eventually he got out, but was right in the ash fall and was alive but has never been the same. Thank you for asking. What a horrible horrible day. I simply can't imagine some of the phone conversations that took place from those towers that morning.
Thank God.

And for everyone else, let's keep politics out of this thread.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:58 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
I'm not sure if anyone caught Dateline NBC tonight. There was a touching, and incredibly sad, hour long special about the stories of 9/11. It featured Stamford's Beverly Eckhert who lost her husband in the WTC, became an activist for the 9/11 Commission, but died two years ago in the Continental plane crash in Buffalo, NY to celebrate her late husband's birthday.

Makes me appreciate life so much more.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:30 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Was diggin a trench outside on the Georgous blue sky day to run Electrical Conduit. Nextel Radio beeps. Co-Worker mentions what happened.

We went inside customers home. Put on the tv. Starred in Awe. Boss came inside, watched for few minutes, said get back to work.

I dug some more... Radio beeps....2nd plane hits. We went back inside. All 4 of us now watching...guy on Radio was alone on another job. He left.

We all watched. Boss says, back to work....But.... He put his hand on my shoulder as I was turning around and he said "Wheres the Tower?" At that point I felt like Gumby.

We all left and I'll never forget my partner(who was in the Gulf War) driving 90mph I-95 South in Westchester. We saw the smoke in the air looking south. No words were being said. Sad thoughts but Revenge to those responsible was on our minds..

I didnt sleep during the Shock & Awe Blitz against the Terrorists.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,625,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Sean Schielke
Sean was from Southbury, where I grew up - he was a handful of years older than me. He was in finance and the son of a prominent business owner in the town. I didn't know him personally but my mom did and had him as a student and I'll never forget how distraught she was..

It really is true that almost everyone in the tri-state area was connected to someone who died that day.

I had just graduated from college in Boston and was back home with my parents. I was planning to go live in Atlanta for awhile with a friend, and my flight out of NYC was to be on 9/12. Needless to say, I didn't take it. I remember my mom waking me up and telling me something terrible had happened. She didn't wake me up until the first tower had fallen. I'll never forget the look on her face. I remember thinking maybe there was a nuclear war. I simply can't forget that day, no matter how hard I try.

Let us take a moment and be thankful to all those who have kept us safe since 9/11/01, including those that have willingly given their lives.

Last edited by basehead617; 09-09-2011 at 10:02 PM..

Old 09-10-2011, 05:59 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
Quote:
It is extremely unfortunate that 9/11 occurred and cost thousansd of lives. I hope it never happens again, and let's not forget that one of the biggest driving forces that led to this event is RELIGION!

I don't plan to attend mass or any similar services because I don't believe in gods, devils, angels, demons, heaven, hell or Santa Claus.

Exodus 35:2 says that you shall be put to death if you don't go to sabbath every seventh day of the week. Yet in modern day society, we have millions of people working on Sundays, not going to church at all. And we have millions of people having pre-marital sex, yet they are against gay marriage, abortion, and a host of other things. Modern day American society is laughable when it comes to religion. Most haven't even read the Bible, and most don't even follow 10% of what the Bible teaches. What people have done, is transformed a historically violent, harsh religion into a "peaceful" practice. But that's really not what it was meant to be!

Mark 10:25 states that a rich man will not make it into heaven. The Bible also states that you must sell everything in order to make it into heaven. I guess all those people in Fairfield County are certainly destined for hell. It's in the Bible, period. It's either true or it's false.

There is a crucifix/cross structure that was built on the WTC site. But the WTC site is not a Christian only site. In fact, there is a lawsuit going on now to see that the crucifix be removed from the site. The WTC Cross: Why The Lawsuit Needed To Be Filed « No God Blog (http://atheists.org/blog/2011/09/09/the-wtc-cross-why-the-lawsuit-needed-to-be-filed - broken link)
Why is this post still here?

Old 09-10-2011, 12:02 PM

34,915 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Why is this post still here?
Because it is not against the rules of this forum. JayCT, Moderator

Old 09-10-2011, 12:48 PM

I'm in the city right now. Its just another wonderful day in the life of the greatest city mankind ever saw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut