Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 05:22 PM

17 posts, read 26,974 times

Advertisements

@ NONNY......

I feel that the people who are complaining about this are talking about residents who have been here for years and years and have still not registered. For example, the neighbor I said that has been here 14 years year round with CA plates....it is safe to say they have been a CT resident for quite some time!

And yes....I feel we have a right to "get touchy" about this for obvious reasons.

Last edited by loveoneanother; 11-20-2012 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 06:20 PM

21,611 posts, read 31,167,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonny View Post
People who move to NY often are there for a few _years_ before changing their registration, and no one cares. It's the one, and only one thing, that CT people get in your business about.
Because when we're paying an arm and a leg to register our cars here, we have every right to get "in your business" if you're illegally avoiding paying what everyone else has to pay.

Key word: illegal.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:34 AM

34,904 posts, read 56,864,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Because when we're paying an arm and a leg to register our cars here, we have every right to get "in your business" if you're illegally avoiding paying what everyone else has to pay.

Key word: illegal.
Right, it is called "tax evasion" and it is illegal. Why put yourself in a position to be arrested (yes, it is an arrestable offense) to save a couple of hundred bucks??? Sometimes people just do not see the big picture. Jay

Old 11-22-2012, 05:14 PM

680 posts, read 1,574,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveoneanother View Post
There is a house on a main road just down the street from me that live here all year round and have California license plates on their cars for as long as I have lived here (14 years). There is also a man I see driving all around town for YEARS now with a New Mexico license plate.

I KNOW the CA guy lives here year round...how does he get away with this all these years?
I thought California plate costs more than a CT plate?

Old 11-23-2012, 11:41 AM

21,611 posts, read 31,167,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig1985 View Post
I thought California plate costs more than a CT plate?
Not when you factor in the vehicle property tax.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:00 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,705,447 times
Default corporate tax thieves

Dozens of major corporations set up subordinate "offshore" companies so that they funnel their profits through those in order to avoid U.S. corporate tax laws. I believe GE was the last one I read about--paying no corporate taxes on billions earned in the USA (I could be wrong, depending on my fading memory).

So corporate America is teaching us how to collapse both our federal and state governments. It will make many happy when we break up into numerous little competing boroughs and are no longer a United States of America. The secessionist will be proud.

It's what happens when worship of profit, personal or corporate, becomes more important than country. To paraphrase John Kennedy, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask how you can do in your country."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut