U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-01-2011, 06:07 PM

633 posts, read 575,148 times

Advertisements

^ I bet we got more trees than NJ
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 06:21 PM

12,052 posts, read 12,821,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmelk View Post
I had my hopes up yesterday, what with Blumenthal's visit and all, that WH would get extra attention.
Sorry, but your lights are no more important than those of a three family home in Waterbury.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:34 PM

26,220 posts, read 14,265,993 times
RESTORATION ESTIMATES PER TOWN. Hope this helps a little.

Connecticut Light & Power : Estimated Restoration Projection By Town (http://www.cl-p.com/stormcenter/estimates/ - broken link)

Old 11-01-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
RESTORATION ESTIMATES PER TOWN. Hope this helps a little.

Connecticut Light & Power : Estimated Restoration Projection By Town (http://www.cl-p.com/stormcenter/estimates/ - broken link)
I just looked at these. I love how the towns with 90+ percent of residents without power aren't on the list.

Last edited by kidyankee764; 11-01-2011 at 07:09 PM..

Old 11-01-2011, 07:06 PM

1,853 posts, read 3,829,966 times
Got power back at my house at 6PM!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 PM

1,042 posts, read 1,026,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Sorry, but your lights are no more important than those of a three family home in Waterbury.
I actually agree with that. I'm just saying that I expected that some of the town's movers/shakers would have tried to influence the senator.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmelk View Post

I actually agree with that. I'm just saying that I expected that some of the town's movers/shakers would have tried to influence the senator.
I've read about officials in other towns doing that (Greenwich, North Haven). It's really terrible that some people think the wealthy should be served first. If anything, it's that poor family in Waterbury that needs power the most.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:45 PM

633 posts, read 575,148 times
Quote:
I've read about officials in other towns doing that (Greenwich, North Haven). It's really terrible that some people think the wealthy should be served first. If anything, it's that poor family in Waterbury that needs power the most.
Yeah... That is not nice.

Everyone should be treated equally

Old 11-01-2011, 08:00 PM

8,156 posts, read 13,074,288 times
Quote:
I just looked at these. I love how the towns with 90+ percent of residents without power aren't on the list.
I can't tell you how bad it is up around where I am. My street alone...maybe 1/4 mile long at best? Starting with my house at the end on the corner of the short dead end road that T's, big oak crashed down across my driveway taking out a retaining wall and some wires. One house over on the T street has an upside down tree top in the primary and a huge oak limb across his driveway. The house across the street from me several big oak branches down, my neighbor had a tree on his shed, his wires ripped off his house by three large branches, the guy across the street from him had a tree hit his house, and there are two widow makers hanging on the wires. Two houses down a HUGE pine tree is down, across the street from that there is another widow maker in the primary, one house down there is a tree on a slope that up rooted and came down on the wires mashing them flat to the ground. All that in about 600' of road from my house. It's nasty bad, and just continues to the surrounding streets and neighborhoods.

My back yard and property has probably 15 large branches down all over the place (Like huge branches off of large 75 year old oaks.), and at least 12 widow makers hanging. Several trees need to be taken down as they look like a tornado came through and topped them off.

It's not much different around town either. I went into Vernon and it's just wrecked. Every other house has wires or trees down.

It's really really bad here. There is nowhere that is not affected badly.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:11 PM

12,344 posts, read 13,942,640 times
You would think the Rich / super rich in CT would have a power plant to lite up there home in case of this , I guess not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut