U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 03:55 PM

26,296 posts, read 14,345,651 times

Advertisements

Outage map update 7 days No power. Not bad...just a over quarter of a Million still left.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 05:32 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,341,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Often the loss is below the deductible though, we tried that in March, 2010......probably not worth the raise in rates either if you get your claim paid.
True, but if you are already filing a claim for something else you would have probably met your deductible so it depends. Also, Amica has never raised my rates when we file claims - we don't file them often, but if they were raising my rates we would have left them long ago.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:38 PM

8,156 posts, read 13,093,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Apparently there restoring it by the wealth...and my Middle Class friends near Hartford are noticing that the upper class areas are getting all the work while they sit in the dark...
Bullsh*t. Take your class warfare somewhere else.

If you look at the outage maps, some of the most wealthy areas in the Hartford area are those with the most outage and longest restoration time.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:01 PM

9 posts, read 11,237 times
Anyone else have phone or cable lines pulled from their house by the line crews?

I heard it happen last night, but didn't know what had happened until this morning when I found the telephone wire laying across my front yard. Fittings and wire had been yanked out if the side of the house. The cable line was untouched.

Completely baffled as to how or why it could have happened...

Old 11-04-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberCT View Post
Anyone else have phone or cable lines pulled from their house by the line crews?

I heard it happen last night, but didn't know what had happened until this morning when I found the telephone wire laying across my front yard. Fittings and wire had been yanked out if the side of the house. The cable line was untouched.

Completely baffled as to how or why it could have happened...
? yeah thats a little baffling to me.. Maybe it was tangled with the electric wires? This is nuts. Was the siding damaged? Thats low voltage..you can touch those wires if you want to try to bring them back.(make sure its the phone wire!)

Old 11-04-2011, 06:19 PM

12,345 posts, read 13,980,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Bullsh*t. Take your class warfare somewhere else.

If you look at the outage maps, some of the most wealthy areas in the Hartford area are those with the most outage and longest restoration time.
It seems to be the truth.....maybe you should get out and look around...

Old 11-04-2011, 06:23 PM

8,156 posts, read 13,093,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
It seems to be the truth.....maybe you should get out and look around...
It's not the truth. I live here, I spent the day on both sides of the river doing water remediation and have been in touch with many of my clients through this whole thing, both rich and poor. I also have the CLP map to support me.

The "rich" areas are the worst in regard to outage and restoration time. This is not rocket science. You have nothing factual to back you up.

Take your class warfare somewhere else, like where you live, New Jersey. It has no bearing on this subject here or is of any use during a time of extreme duress for our residents.

Maybe you should stop trying to evaluate CT from NJ. Just a thought.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
It's not the truth. I live here, I spent the day on both sides of the river doing water remediation and have been in touch with many of my clients through this whole thing, both rich and poor. I also have the CLP map to support me.

The "rich" areas are the worst in regard to outage and restoration time. This is not rocket science. You have nothing factual to back you up.

Take your class warfare somewhere else, like where you live, New Jersey. It has no bearing on this subject here or is of any use during a time of extreme duress for our residents.

Maybe you should stop trying to evaluate CT from NJ. Just a thought.
lol. I try not to get wild up with comments like those..Its typical thinking by them. When talking to a linesman he said they try to fix the main roads first and if they can turn on a whole neighborhood rather then just 2 houses they will. Some people (including me) forget that they might not have all the material on the truck.

I'd love to see stats when all said and done on how many fuses, transformers, poles, wire, ect they went through.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:34 PM

This was bound to happen.

GOV. MALLOY ANNOUNCES FIRM LED BY FORMER FEMA DIRECTOR, JAMES LEE WITT, TO CONDUCT REVIEW OF POWER COMPANIES AND THEIR HANDLING OF WINTER STORM

Governor Malloy: Gov. Malloy Announces Firm Led by Former FEMA Director, James Lee Witt, to Conduct Review of Power Companies and Their Handling of Winter Storm

(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Dannel P. Malloy today announced that Witt Associates, a consulting firm led by former FEMA Director under President Bill Clinton, James Lee Witt, will conduct a thorough and timely review of both CL&P and UI and their handling of the recent winter storm.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:13 PM

15,409 posts, read 21,514,787 times
Quote:
I'd agree with you except global temperatures are going down, not up. Temps peaked in the 90's and are on the way back down, and we are in a pattern much like the late 70's which was on the upswing. This is the other side of the "hill".

It's nothing more than this thing called nature and the natural fluctuations that occur. These fluctuations in temps have occurred forever. We are just better at more accurately measuring and record it now.
You have provided no links to support that claim using emperical data...

Average U.S. temperature increases by 0.5 degrees F

"NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center also reports

The 2000 – 2009 decade will be the warmest on record, with its average global surface temperature about 0.96 degree F above the 20th century average. This will easily surpass the 1990s value of 0.65 degree F."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut