U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 05:48 AM

3,257 posts, read 4,928,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
that's been the list for the past 50 yrs
Sorry. I disagree. East Hartford in particular was a thriving middle class town up until the middle 1980s.

Bristol is still a nice place to live, is affordable, safe, and has good schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 07:19 AM

426 posts, read 665,868 times
I can understand the inclusion of Manchester and Bristol, by CT standards they seem " bad" of course they are both far from dangerous. When I was younger they were both places where inner cities went to sell drugs as the profit margins were higher. Now both have a reasonable amount of their own dealers.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:26 AM

633 posts, read 1,215,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
that's been the list for the past 50 yrs
Not even 50 years... Maybe 35 years those areas had good days.

Anyways, I never made the list by crime but by the quality of the area. So I just need to make that clear.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:54 AM

14,829 posts, read 18,083,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenvalue View Post
did anyone else notice orange on the list... lol
Yeah, ridiculous. Pretty much the ONLY crime in Orange is retail theft on Route 1.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,908 times
as a person looking to move to New Britian this thread gave me pause.. I'm looking in the area South of the hosp and near Willow Brook park...any thoughts on this particular area? And the ones to stay away from? Thanks

Old 11-04-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyegirl80 View Post
as a person looking to move to New Britian this thread gave me pause.. I'm looking in the area South of the hosp and near Willow Brook park...any thoughts on this particular area? And the ones to stay away from? Thanks
I grew up in New Britain... this area is not high crime like Hartford or New Haven and sometime things will come up but it always have related involvement with people that know each other that would heat up the drama. So you should not worried at all.

Willow Brook park is near the New Britain High School... you should do fine in that area. I think you should be away from Arch street and Glen street because there are some little stuff that goes on those two streets. I also want to add North Street and Oak should be avoided if you want some peace.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:58 AM

8,850 posts, read 14,300,935 times
From what I've seen of your list I would move Manchester off to "notables" and move "some parts of Stamford" up a bit. While I wouldn't compare the rougher parts of Stamford to Bridgeport or Hartford, they're more "hardcore" than it's "corporate" reputation would make it to be.

I did find your "small parts of Trumbull" interesting because despite it mostly being a middle to upper middle class suburb, I think the areas immediating bordering Bridgeport could be in the "notable" list.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:03 PM

14,829 posts, read 18,083,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyegirl80 View Post
New Britain's crime is slightly higher than the national average.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
New Britain's crime is slightly higher than the national average.
Yeah but that should not stop her from coming here... I'm the one that lives here all my life and it is nothing when you got nothing to do with any of that. Most of New Britain is safe and while some parts may have something that go on but nothing so big and not very common.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:59 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,114,779 times
I grew up in NL county, lived there 38 years. I wouldn't consider NL notable for crime. Some parts are poorer than others, and some parts are def trouble. Most of that city is quite lovely, lots of stunning older homes. Once that city was quite wealthy, and the architecture reflects that heritage.

Norwich has some beautiful sections as well. I don't feel threatened in Norwich. Pals still live there, and tell me that there is crime, sure, but wouldn't consider it a high-crime area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or