Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 05:21 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
This thread is can't go anywhere good, I recommend a lock, Jay.
=p
Haven't seen Jay around (I'm guessing he doesn't have power), but I second this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 06:09 AM

633 posts, read 1,644,961 times
I dont believed there really wrong living in those 10 places because a lot of time you have to be involved in a situation that would put you into trouble. I live in New Britain all my life and I live what is consider a bad part of town and never in my life been touch because I avoid from anything that would put me into trouble.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:39 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Manchester? lol ok

Old 11-02-2011, 06:42 AM

462 posts, read 737,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I think some parts of South Norwalk are actually pretty cool to live in.
Eh...same can be said for Newark. SoNo has a real crime problem for such a small area. And I know people that have had break ins who live in the "nice" areas. Criminals don't stay put, they go where the money lives.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:44 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTJayC View Post
Eh...same can be said for Newark. SoNo has a real crime problem for such a small area. And I know people that have had break ins who live in the "nice" areas. Criminals don't stay put, they go where the money lives.
Absolutely. So there's not much of a difference than living in the nice part of South Norwalk vs living in Rowayton IMO.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,722,408 times
Quote:
You don't wanna compare the bad parts of SoNo with Newark. Both have their ghetto parts but IMO the bad parts of Newark spill over into bordering suburbs (like Irvington and E. Orange, if you're not familiar) and these are just as bad, if not worse. SoNo I could see as a livable place in some areas - granted, not by Ely Avenue, but you get the idea & its rough areas seem to be more concentrated.

But again, as someone else pointed out being in a nice area is no guarantee that you're immune to crime. I'm sure there was a time a few years ago when people were saying "Oh, there's NO crime out here in Cheshire. Nothing ever happens here." Sadly, people today still think this way.

To the OP, I really wouldn't call Manchester that bad an area. Main Street has been cleaned up a bit and has some good hangouts. There may be a few rough areas but overall it's a pretty legit place.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:20 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Quote:
Newark's Crime problems are mainly in 2 wards ,the West and South wards , which spill over into Irvington , Hillside and Elizabeth to a lesser extent.... The Rest of Newark is pretty tame , and at or below National levels.... The North Ward that borders Belleview and Bloomfield rarely sees spill over , although its mostly petty crime up there. The East ward which borders the Port and Harrison barely sees spill over either...and rarely has any violent crime....

Old 11-03-2011, 12:45 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
LOL Trumbull

Nothing EVER exciting happens here, unless you count those kids at the mall starting trouble.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:48 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
The only parts of New Haven I wouldn't live in are: Dixwell Ave, Fair Haven, and that area east of Q river, but I think that might be Fair Haven anyways. East Rock actually seems like a pretty cool place to live.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:04 AM

941 posts, read 1,804,401 times
Manchester really is too pleasant to be on this list ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut