Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 01:02 PM

633 posts, read 1,644,782 times

Advertisements

I can not believe what you people saying about group of people on section-8 and all, and saying they are the ones that cause problem in the town. Well, most criminals are not on welfare so you know.

I go to East Hartford everyday now and I have not meet any problems against me. My god, gees!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 01:16 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,801,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
They were saying too, on the newspaper, that the chief of Police gets $160,000 in the town of E. Hartford. If it's regarded as an unsafe town, then obviously the crime rate is significant!
Also, the mayor, Mayor LeClerc, who is running again for re-election this Tuesday, declared East Hartford, a SAFE town in a newspaper article not long ago!
Obviously that's not so. I wonder why a police chief should be paid so very very high a salary for a town that's thought of as one of the least safest towns to live in, in the state of Connecticut.
I've talked to several people from E. Hartford and they said it was a horrible (as in dangerous) place to live now! It seems like they are living in a ghetto in various parts of the town. They said, even in the nice upscale parts of town, there's lots of crimes being committed that the police just turn their backs on. That's bad news. I'm sorry to hear that Hartford is thought of as such an unsafe town too. That's sad for Hartford. I remember the north end of Hartford was never considered safe, but it used to not be true for the whole town.
That's no longer true now though.
That's not true. East Hartford isn't all that different than surrounding towns. I believe they had two murders last year versus 1 in surrounding town. Often it is family related with drugs/untreated mental illness.

East Hartford is a safe town.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:06 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Manchester, which once, used to be a very safe town, has really gone downhill in the past few years too.
Why, not sure, but I do know they invited all this whole numbers of Section 8 housing people to the area, and it's just not the same place anymore.

My friend lives in Manchester and he says you cannot safely walk around at night in his neighborhood!
Yea sure...whatever you say. My friend saw what he thought looked like a drug dealer in your town once, so it must be full of druggies.

There is not a neighborhood in town you can't walk around in anytime of the day or night.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:03 PM

156 posts, read 278,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Yea sure...whatever you say. My friend saw what he thought looked like a drug dealer in your town once, so it must be full of druggies.

There is not a neighborhood in town you can't walk around in anytime of the day or night.
Yeah. My fiancées friends live in Manchester and their neighborhood is great!

Old 11-06-2011, 06:20 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
Quote:
They were saying too, on the newspaper, that the chief of Police gets $160,000 in the town of E. Hartford. If it's regarded as an unsafe town, then obviously the crime rate is significant!
Also, the mayor, Mayor LeClerc, who is running again for re-election this Tuesday, declared East Hartford, a SAFE town in a newspaper article not long ago!
Obviously that's not so. I wonder why a police chief should be paid so very very high a salary for a town that's thought of as one of the least safest towns to live in, in the state of Connecticut.
I've talked to several people from E. Hartford and they said it was a horrible (as in dangerous) place to live now! It seems like they are living in a ghetto in various parts of the town. They said, even in the nice upscale parts of town, there's lots of crimes being committed that the police just turn their backs on. That's bad news. I'm sorry to hear that Hartford is thought of as such an unsafe town too. That's sad for Hartford. I remember the north end of Hartford was never considered safe, but it used to not be true for the whole town.
That's no longer true now though.

Gosh Gee, I know when my wife or I go for a jog we are always dodging stray bullets and drug dealers...and don't get me started on all the drive by shootings. I know my kids can't play outside at all because again - all those stray bullets. And don't get me started on the old folks in our neighborhood and all their drug deals that go bad...

Old 11-07-2011, 01:49 PM

521 posts, read 1,151,093 times
Well, obviously, I"m not the ONLY one who thinks that E. Hartford & Manchester are no longer safe otherwise these two towns wouldn't be on that list of the top 10 worst places to live, as far as crime goes!
And there've been more than just 2 murders in E. Hartford in recent years. And Manchester too! Just had a guy get killed at a little convenience store off Hartford road this spring there!

Old 11-07-2011, 01:51 PM

521 posts, read 1,151,093 times
Default That's a bold faced lie.. There's a lot of neighborhoods now you wouldn't want to walk around at night, if you were

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

by yourself, so stop sweeping all this stuff under the rug JViello, like you usually do.
Manchester is not half as safe as it was 3 years ago even.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:56 PM

879 posts, read 1,660,602 times
Stratford? Really?

Old 11-07-2011, 02:06 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Well, obviously, I"m not the ONLY one who thinks that E. Hartford & Manchester are no longer safe otherwise these two towns wouldn't be on that list of the top 10 worst places to live, as far as crime goes!
And there've been more than just 2 murders in E. Hartford in recent years. And Manchester too! Just had a guy get killed at a little convenience store off Hartford road this spring there!
So let me get this straight. Some guy from Hartford, comes to Manchester and commits a crime and that makes it unsafe? I guess that works for Cheshire too after the Petit case.

BTW, E Hartford murders.

2005: 2
2006: 1
2007: 3
2008: 1
2009: 2

Bar the door.

http://www.city-data.com/city/East-H...nnecticut.html

West Hartford
2005: 1
2006: 0
2007: 1
2008: 0
2009: 1

Manchester

2005: 1
2006: 0
2007: 1
2008: 0
2009: 0

I guess your odds of being murdered in cold blood by a drug slinging gang member are greater in West Hartford.

Quote:
by yourself, so stop sweeping all this stuff under the rug JViello, like you usually do.
Manchester is not half as safe as it was 3 years ago even.
Well according to you, you were supposedly living in Hawaii two years ago, so how would you know. Then again, you were also living in Bermuda too, so what do I know.

Thread Wonder how hard it would be to move back to HI, from Mainland in this economy? | City-Data.com Forum: Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions | BoardReader (http://boardreader.com/thread/Wonder_how_hard_it_would_be_to_move_back_4rtqcXtch v.html - broken link)

Gotta love archived deleted threads.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...hi-453215.html

Life must be hard being rich, living in a comfy well off burb in the richest state in the nation complaining about how bad it is.

Mahalo

Old 11-07-2011, 02:11 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
This thread is getting nasty. If it continues I will close it down. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut