Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old

5,978 posts, read 19,844,620 times

Advertisements

I found that coats that are closer to your body keeps you warmer, so a peacoat worked better for me compared to the long coats which flap around your body. If you have to walk to your workplace from an open parking lot (as opposed to a parking garage within the building), I find ear muffs and a scarf really helpful accessories. It is the wind that kills...the scarf wrapped over your face in windy conditions will help keep your nose from running. A pair of tight fitting leather gloves (not the slippery yarn kind) will keep your hands warm even while driving, and definitely while walking. I keep a pair of leather gloves in every jacket and coat I have, and I had like ten! Know that there is a lot of ice so a pair of boots with good tread is a must! (Nothing like slipping and sliding on the sidewalk with your laptop in hand!) Like someone said, it is wise to layer your clothes so you can peel and put on as the temperature inside or out changes. Lined wool trousers help, but if your legs still get cold, you can wear some silk long johns underneath...no bulk but great insulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old

754 posts, read 1,011,286 times
HERRINGBONE HOODED PEACOAT at Express (http://www.express.com/herringbone-hooded-peacoat-39032-833/control/page/3/show/3/index.pro#BVRRWidgetID - broken link)

Old

502 posts, read 1,386,772 times
More on the casual side, but removable hood makes it versatile. (This one's a good brand that happens to be on sale which is a plus if it's not going to be a permanent job)...

London Fog Coat, Contour Seamed Short Hooded Faux Fur Trim Down Puffer - Coats - Women's - Macy's

Otherwise I'd recommend a peacoat if you have to dress more business-y, because they're classic and you can hang onto it for many years. Add a knit gloves/hat/scarf set (look around for cashmere which is often on sale in a bad economy)

Oh, add an inexpensive pair of waterproof gloves for clearing snow off the car...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut