Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 07:17 AM

242 posts, read 299,235 times

Advertisements

Mom is recovering from combination of pnuemonia / copd/ and possible chf. She's at the hospital right now, but her release will probably be in the next few days. She has been to southport, and cambridge manor. Her inurance does not cover the carlton. We need a nursing home that can really monitor her health, as well as supply a strong rehabilitation program ( she also has serious spinal stenosis). We liked cambridge - but we think they dropped the ball letting her lungs fill with fluid. If we could keep the location somewhat close to Fairfield would be a plus. Any suggestions would be appreciated- M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 07:24 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
I also had experience with Cambridge for a family member and felt that they left some issues go on too long. Finally a nurse there got sick of seeing the continuing issue and forced the facility to send the family member to the hospital to better care for the problem.

It is too bad you can't do Carlton. They are very good from what I hear. Then again I know someone that had issues there too. I have heard good things about the Jewish Home for the Elderly as well and know non-Jewish people that have gone there. Not sure if that would work for you. Jay

Old 12-15-2011, 06:27 PM

Hi Jay - your generosity is wonderful - thank you! I had heard the therapy at
JHE is quite good- but the facility wasn't well kept. A couple of my siblings had checked out Lord Chamberlin previously. Not sure why but one of them didn't like it. The name escapes me at the moment- I read something positive about a nh on River Rd in Shelton.The Carlton is right near several of us - just not covered by her insurance. My mil worked there for years; but I recently also heard a couple of not so great stories there. Thanks again -m

Old 12-15-2011, 07:57 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
I know the Jewish Home wants to move. They tried getting approval to build in Trumbull but was shot down because of sewer issues. They are now trying to build a facility at the Jewish Community Center on Park Avenue in Bridgeport. They are doing this because they have an agreement to sell their current building to Sacred Heart University. SHU needs more land but is landlocked by the Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course so the Jewish Home is logical expansion. Jay

Old 01-17-2012, 05:14 PM

Follow up - mom rallied a bit. She went back to Lord Chamberlain. The care there has been good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut