U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-23-2012, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Madison, WI Metro Area
15,204 posts, read 20,751,342 times
Reputation: 7666
South Carolina= lower taxes than Florida. Seems to be more popular place to relocate than Florida. Have a good job lined up or be self-employed as the economy isn't very good there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2012, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Sunshine N'Blue Skies
13,315 posts, read 13,554,856 times
Reputation: 11460
Well, I have some better ones, but these were the only two I found on Photobucket.
This was a winter snow in SC.....Everyone enjoyed "for the day"






Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Sunshine N'Blue Skies
13,315 posts, read 13,554,856 times
Reputation: 11460
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
South Carolina= lower taxes than Florida. Seems to be more popular place to relocate than Florida. Have a good job lined up or be self-employed as the economy isn't very good there.
Now that is very true GraniteStater.....Have a job lined up or work in the resort industry....or...be retired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Sunshine N'Blue Skies
13,315 posts, read 13,554,856 times
Reputation: 11460
Found some SC "Fall" for you....
Well this is just my street but I wanted you to see we do get fall here also in SC.
I actually had to prove this to my middle daughter who didn't think I would have a leave to rake........Well I sure do..



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Norwalk, CT
6,138 posts, read 4,721,616 times
Reputation: 3434
People in CT can be very ignorant when it comes to understanding the seasons in the south. All of those states, except FL get foliage, the leaves fall, and it still gets cold. But the cold isn't nearly as unbearable as it is in CT. I'd rather have 3 months of unbearable heat than 3 months of unbearable cold. It's just easier to deal with IMO. All you gotta do is turn on the AC and wear shorts, which is more simplistic than dealing with heat and bulking up with jackets. No snow to deal with either.

Last summer I was in Mississippi. It was 97, sunny and humid every single day and I loved it! So far I have traveled to 23 out of the 50 states and IMO the top 3 most beautiful states are Vermont, Tennessee and Mississippi. Of course, CT is a beautiful state as well, but for some reason it appears weathered and congested compared to the southern states, which appear to be clean, spacious and pristine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 09:45 PM
 
5,233 posts, read 3,811,483 times
Reputation: 1735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Found some SC "Fall" for you....
Well this is just my street but I wanted you to see we do get fall here also in SC.
I actually had to prove this to my middle daughter who didn't think I would have a leave to rake........Well I sure do..


I dont see any pictures of anybody sweating their asses off in the summer heat? Got any of those?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2012, 09:48 PM
 
5,233 posts, read 3,811,483 times
Reputation: 1735
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
People in CT can be very ignorant when it comes to understanding the seasons in the south. All of those states, except FL get foliage, the leaves fall, and it still gets cold. But the cold isn't nearly as unbearable as it is in CT. I'd rather have 3 months of unbearable heat than 3 months of unbearable cold. It's just easier to deal with IMO. All you gotta do is turn on the AC and wear shorts, which is more simplistic than dealing with heat and bulking up with jackets. No snow to deal with either.

Last summer I was in Mississippi. It was 97, sunny and humid every single day and I loved it! So far I have traveled to 23 out of the 50 states and IMO the top 3 most beautiful states are Vermont, Tennessee and Mississippi. Of course, CT is a beautiful state as well, but for some reason it appears weathered and congested compared to the southern states, which appear to be clean, spacious and pristine.

Grass is greener my friend...grass is greener. You are a person who HAS to give a move a shot. You are always gonna regret it if you don't. Can always come back after you hate it... Its not a bad thing to explore what else is out there if you can find a job in the south...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 AM
 
Location: Republic of New England
633 posts, read 542,550 times
Reputation: 160
I'm talking about a extreme switch in temps and weather that actually makes the body to react to it... not like SC weather LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2012, 05:55 AM
 
Location: Norwalk, CT
6,138 posts, read 4,721,616 times
Reputation: 3434
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Grass is greener my friend...grass is greener. You are a person who HAS to give a move a shot. You are always gonna regret it if you don't. Can always come back after you hate it... Its not a bad thing to explore what else is out there if you can find a job in the south...
The grass is not always greener on the other side, but it sometimes is. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Charlesont, SC
94 posts, read 87,611 times
Reputation: 31
Another positive to moving south is you pay a fraction in taxes. Our house taxes in CT were $12,000 & we had major issues with the schools & roads. In SC our house taxes to a comparable house that is only 15 minutes away from the beach with a nice pond in the back yard & a community pool is only $1,800 & the schools are all brand new. Hard to believe, isn't it???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top