U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-10-2018, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Coastal Connecticut
14,635 posts, read 17,792,911 times
Reputation: 3312

Advertisements

Progress coming?

https://www.nhregister.com/news/arti...d-12782923.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2018, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
24,389 posts, read 39,873,359 times
Reputation: 6862
We were just talking about the need for something to be done with the iconic Perelli Building on Long Wharf Drive. Apparently IKEA is finally going to do something with it and turn it into a hotel. That would be a good use for it since it is right off I-95 and has some very nice views of New Haven Harbor on one side and the New Haven skyline on the other. Lets hope this is real and moves forward quickly. Jay

Hotel Eyed For Pirelli Building | New Haven Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2018, 01:34 PM
 
2,686 posts, read 2,452,913 times
Reputation: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
We were just talking about the need for something to be done with the iconic Perelli Building on Long Wharf Drive. Apparently IKEA is finally going to do something with it and turn it into a hotel. That would be a good use for it since it is right off I-95 and has some very nice views of New Haven Harbor on one side and the New Haven skyline on the other. Lets hope this is real and moves forward quickly. Jay

Hotel Eyed For Pirelli Building | New Haven Independent
Very cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2018, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Connecticut
24,389 posts, read 39,873,359 times
Reputation: 6862
Interesting opinion piece on the need to expand Tweed-New Haven Airport. I do wonder if it would be better to concentrate airport expansion at nearby Sikorsky Airport which is located in a more commercial/industrial area rather than a primarily residential area. Thoughts? Jay

https://www.ctpost.com/business/arti...d-12852182.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2018, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Coastal Connecticut
14,635 posts, read 17,792,911 times
Reputation: 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Interesting opinion piece on the need to expand Tweed-New Haven Airport. I do wonder if it would be better to concentrate airport expansion at nearby Sikorsky Airport which is located in a more commercial/industrial area rather than a primarily residential area. Thoughts? Jay

https://www.ctpost.com/business/arti...d-12852182.php
I thought there were no commercial flights at all in Sikorsky? Would have to build up a lot of infrastructure, not just runway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2018, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Connecticut
24,389 posts, read 39,873,359 times
Reputation: 6862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I thought there were no commercial flights at all in Sikorsky? Would have to build up a lot of infrastructure, not just runway.
That is true. I just am saying the Stratford area may be more suited for commercial flights. Wouldn't that be a better fit than an airport in the middle of a residential neighborhood? Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2018, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Coastal Connecticut
14,635 posts, read 17,792,911 times
Reputation: 3312
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
That is true. I just am saying the Stratford area may be more suited for commercial flights. Wouldn't that be a better fit than an airport in the middle of a residential neighborhood? Jay
They both kind of are in residential. It’s a little more industrious around Sikorsky, but lots of homes too. Sikorsky might have the better approach from highway though. If Tweed were to become serious, they’d need to think about the route from 95. A tunnel to bypass residential would make sense but would be prohibitively expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2018, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Northeast states
10,251 posts, read 7,100,951 times
Reputation: 2668
Development in New Haven most challenging neighborhoods Dixwell and Newhallville

"The latest plans for a new apartment complex at the border of the Dixwell and Newhallville neighborhoods show slightly more apartments than had been previously pitched to neighbors and a less prominent “moat” of parking around the rest of the site."




Munson Project Inches Closer To 400 Units | New Haven Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2018, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Northeast states
10,251 posts, read 7,100,951 times
Reputation: 2668
Pedestrian Walkways Planned for two Downtown New Haven streets


Pedestrian Walkways Planned | New Haven Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2018, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Megalopolis
424 posts, read 442,530 times
Reputation: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
That is true. I just am saying the Stratford area may be more suited for commercial flights. Wouldn't that be a better fit than an airport in the middle of a residential neighborhood? Jay
Years ago there were commercial flights out of Tweed. The old Eastern Airlines, and Allegheny Airlines, are two that come to mind. In the 60's an Allegheny prop-jet crashed into an empty summer house on the East Haven shore -- all onboard died, twenty-three souls, if I remember. And it was a smaller airport then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top