Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 AM

21,749 posts, read 28,070,632 times

Advertisements

Downtown Crossing gets first big tenant.

Downtown Crossing Snags Pharmaceutical Co. | New Haven Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 09:32 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I'm glad to hear it, I'm just sick of having to hang a pork chop around our neck to get the dog to play with us.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I'm glad to hear it, I'm just sick of having to hang a pork chop around our neck to get the dog to play with us.
Indeed. And that dog was already in our yard!

Old 09-12-2012, 08:53 AM

Gateway is open, will be interesting to see how it affects the surrounding area.

Shake Shack opens this week. Should bring a lot of activity to the lower green commercial area.

At least 6 new businesses have opened on Crown Street in the last 6 months: The Mochi Store (The Mochi Store - New Haven, CT), Green Well (http://www.greenwellnewhaven.com/), Jerra Thai (Home Page), The G.O.A.T., The Naked Oyster (Naked Oyster - New Haven, CT), Karaoke Heroes (http://karaokeheroes.net/).

Palmeira opened on Orange, new high-end Brazilian restaurant. Neville's Fashion also opened on that street, and there appears to be a few new galleries.

I also have it on good authority that a Panera Bread will also be opening at the base of the green. Chipotle is also going to open in New Haven, but unknown where. Also, an upscale French restaurant will be opening in the Taft building space that's been empty for a while.

Lot going on.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:06 AM

837 posts, read 2,082,610 times
This thread is AWESOME. I was previously not aware of many aforementioned New Haven projects. It gets me excited to know that I am less than half an hour from a city that is on the brink of breaking out.

My best friend from Boston works at a coffee shop up there. He says MANY Bostonians always mention their appreciation for New Haven, because of its hip nature that closely mimics the Boston vibe. Think about it: you can easily picture New Haven as being a mini-city that could physically stand next to Boston and maintain similarities, yet have enough differences to give it their own identity (a la Cambridge today).

I am excited for the prospect of having CT's own "Cambridge" - a city with many businesses, lots of higher education, and contemporary living that are for rent and for sale.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:02 AM

Yeah, New Haven definitely is becoming more and more like Cambridge. Yale's long term goal is to make the town friendlier to tech and biotech startups, build its engineering cred to better compete with the likes of MIT, and keep more graduates in the area.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:20 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,110 times
Quote:
Gateway is open, will be interesting to see how it affects the surrounding area.

Shake Shack opens this week. Should bring a lot of activity to the lower green commercial area.

At least 6 new businesses have opened on Crown Street in the last 6 months: The Mochi Store (The Mochi Store - New Haven, CT), Green Well (http://www.greenwellnewhaven.com/), Jerra Thai (Home Page), The G.O.A.T., The Naked Oyster (Naked Oyster - New Haven, CT), Karaoke Heroes (Karaoke Heroes - Connecticut's Only Dedicated Karaoke Bar!).

Palmeira opened on Orange, new high-end Brazilian restaurant. Neville's Fashion also opened on that street, and there appears to be a few new galleries.

I also have it on good authority that a Panera Bread will also be opening at the base of the green. Chipotle is also going to open in New Haven, but unknown where. Also, an upscale French restaurant will be opening in the Taft building space that's been empty for a while.

Lot going on.
When my beach season ends (hopefully not for several more weeks) I am looking forward to spending a day in New Haven; want to try the Shake Shack, among other things. Has anyone gone there yet to let us know how it is?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
When my beach season ends (hopefully not for several more weeks) I am looking forward to spending a day in New Haven; want to try the Shake Shack, among other things. Has anyone gone there yet to let us know how it is?
I don't think it's open yet, but there's a few in NYC and one in Westport.

It is a very good fast food burger, but don't expect much more. Prime 16 makes by far the best burger in the region. Shake Shack is solid, the shakes and concretes are good, although it is a little pricey for fast food. Fantastic decor and marketing. Honestly I'm more excited about what it does for downtown (they tend to be crazy popular and will elevate the area) vs. being excited to go there.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:09 AM

Shake Shack is open: Shake Shack Debuts With "Skull & Cones" | New Haven Independent

Great moment for Chapel along the green.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,110 times
Quote:
I don't think it's open yet, but there's a few in NYC and one in Westport.

It is a very good fast food burger, but don't expect much more. Prime 16 makes by far the best burger in the region. Shake Shack is solid, the shakes and concretes are good, although it is a little pricey for fast food. Fantastic decor and marketing. Honestly I'm more excited about what it does for downtown (they tend to be crazy popular and will elevate the area) vs. being excited to go there.
Thanks for the info. I saw Shake Shack on the news last night. I will try Prime 16 when I do my downtown day and maybe try a shake at the Shack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut