Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:02 PM

21,553 posts, read 30,976,392 times

Advertisements

Not going to get much sympathy from me. Pay the ticket - you broke the law. Consider it a learning experience and teach your kid accountability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 07:27 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,897,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
The sad part is the kid's mom comes here thinking that she shouldn't have gotten a ticket.

THAT'S the problem these days...deal with the parents first it'll then trickle down to the kids.
I'd be more concerned that she was not paying attention while driving than about trying to get her out of the ticket.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:10 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,400,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
She should accept the fact that she broke the law and stop answering the phone while driving. You as a parent should tell her it's ok to not answer your call while she's driving.

Norwalk is cracking down on this and I'm so thankful they are!

Too bad a 16 year old girl had to kill a jogger by texting and driving for people to do anything about it!
Was she ever charged with anything?

Old 04-21-2012, 02:21 PM

885 posts, read 1,875,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Was she ever charged with anything?
That's the real BS. I haven't seen ONE report of her being charged with anything. The only thing the papers/online news has said is "Norwalk PD has the case under investigation"

Her father is probably some rich dude who "knows someone" so killing a jogger isn't a big deal to the Norwalk PD.

I hope she at least gets her license taken away for 10 years or so.

As to the OP:

Today I had to make a phone call, I was driving, guess what I did? Pulled over into a parking lot made my call and then proceeded. I also got a call a few mins later. Did I answer it? NOPE!! I let it ring.......I didn't even bother to look at who was calling me, just let the phone ring. 5 mins later when I pulled into my driveway I checked it out. Was a friend - awesome, did I NEED to answer it ? Nope!

Old 04-23-2012, 01:20 PM

20 posts, read 40,010 times
To the OP:

1. Assuming CT has the same "first offense" thing as they did a couple years ago, you should be able to buy a Blue Tooth device and mail a copy of the receipt with the ticket....and then you'll get a response back saying that the ticket has been dropped. However, I recommend that you first call the police department to make sure that this is still an option.

2. Teach your daughter how to use the Blue Tooth device so that she doesn't put anyone else's life at risk!!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:33 PM

91 posts, read 169,766 times
Well, while we're on the subject and there are so many anti-cell phone comments on here let me add this. Why is it that there are so many police officers abusing this law? What I mean by that is there is not a day that goes by that I don't see police, local & State police, zooming by me chatting and laughing on their cells. I put close to 300 miles a day driving around CT for work and believe me, I see this all the time. Where do all the loudmouth legislators that took the cells out of our cars stand on this issue? If talking on a cell in a car has been equated to drinking and driving, which it arguably can be, then is this saying that it is OK for law enforcement to have a drink while behind the wheel? I don't think so. Something has to be done about this. This should be an across the board law.
Additionally as dangerous is when police are stationed at roadside construction sites. They are there to monitor and direct traffic, not to be chatting/texting on their phones. This is all to commonplace, and is a direct public safety hazard. Anyone care to chime in on that one?
Marc

Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM

21,553 posts, read 30,976,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Wallace View Post
Well, while we're on the subject and there are so many anti-cell phone comments on here let me add this. Why is it that there are so many police officers abusing this law? What I mean by that is there is not a day that goes by that I don't see police, local & State police, zooming by me chatting and laughing on their cells. I put close to 300 miles a day driving around CT for work and believe me, I see this all the time. Where do all the loudmouth legislators that took the cells out of our cars stand on this issue? If talking on a cell in a car has been equated to drinking and driving, which it arguably can be, then is this saying that it is OK for law enforcement to have a drink while behind the wheel? I don't think so. Something has to be done about this. This should be an across the board law.
Additionally as dangerous is when police are stationed at roadside construction sites. They are there to monitor and direct traffic, not to be chatting/texting on their phones. This is all to commonplace, and is a direct public safety hazard. Anyone care to chime in on that one?
Marc
Marc - just because police officers break the law doesn't mean it's okay for you to.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:57 PM

91 posts, read 169,766 times
ah yes, but they're supposed to set the example. Plus, I've had a Bluetooth before the law was even into effect...
Marc

Old 04-26-2012, 06:29 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,483,362 times
I don't think the comments are "anti cell-phone"

I think the comments are this lady is the prime example of what is wrong with the world.

Her daughter breaks the law and gets caught, and she is trying to help her get out of paying the ticket.

Instead of taking the opportunity to teach her daughter a lesson she is on here looking for advice on how to work the system.

I for one think the cell phone law is dumb, just another nanny law brought to you by the dems. but the masses voted with it and now its the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Wallace View Post
Marc

Old 04-27-2012, 03:48 AM

885 posts, read 1,875,940 times
Police are exempt from the cell phone law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut