Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,859,352 times

Advertisements

Well, as a single gay person, I don't like living in family oriented towns. It just feels like I don't fit in. Other than Stamford, Norwalk, Danbury and Bridgeport, the rest of FFC seems like it's mostly family oriented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:13 PM

21,572 posts, read 27,817,504 times
Danbury is very family orientated. There is almost nothing going on for younger people. That area bored me to tears. I would argue even Stratford is better, at least it's near some sort of activity.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Danbury is very family orientated. There is almost nothing going on for younger people. That area bored me to tears. I would argue even Stratford is better, at least it's near some sort of activity.
Really? I know plenty of gay men there who don't mind it and feel comfortable there. Plus, I'm not looking for activity or nightlife, really. What I meant, was that I don't want to feel like an oddball in the neighborhood. You know...the single gay guy in the neighborhood, while everyone else is married and/or has kids. That's what I mean by not wanting to live in a family oriented place.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Really? I know plenty of gay men there who don't mind it and feel comfortable there. Plus, I'm not looking for activity or nightlife, really. What I meant, was that I don't want to feel like an oddball in the neighborhood. You know...the single gay guy in the neighborhood, while everyone else is married and/or has kids. That's what I mean by not wanting to live in a family oriented place.
Yes, it is absolutely family orientated. There isn't an abundance of single renters like in other areas on the coast.

Also, I don't think the Danbury area will have more opportunities than the Hartford area for financial employment.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Yes, it is absolutely family orientated. There isn't an abundance of single renters like in other areas on the coast.

Also, I don't think the Danbury area will have more opportunities than the Hartford area for financial employment.
Well no, most of the job opportunities for me are located in Stamford, Norwalk and Shelton anyway. Much more than the Hartford area. I'll probably stick with the Hartford area, but I'm open to whatever.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 AM

Well, you do not want to commute from Danbury to Stamford. Even Stratford/Milford by train would be a much better commute.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:38 AM

34,727 posts, read 56,531,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
He's on record as not liking Manchester, so i don't think he'll be keen about Stratford. Just sayin'......
And Middletown too. I am not sure what he will like. He does not want an urban area but complains there is little to do in more rural and suburban areas. He also has said he wants to fit in but most gay men gravitate to urban areas, not suburban or rural ones. It is hard to say that he would fit in anywhere. Sorry nep but I am just saying what I see. Jay

Old 04-24-2012, 09:26 AM

156 posts, read 276,894 times
Nep, you might like Milford. It's a good combo of low to high income people. Ha everything from scumbags to wealthy. It also has beaches, train and a town center with restaurants.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:41 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,088,555 times
If you move to Stamford, why wouldn't you attempt to get a really well-paying job in Manhattan? If you are truly ready to put your preconceptions aside and try something new, how about that?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:24 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,617,539 times
I really think there are parts of NYC you would love.. I mean, the gay community there is maybe the best and MOST VARIED (key factor) in the world. You can even move to a predominantly gay neighborhood if so desired. Can't fit in much better than that. And of course the job market is tremendously deep.

From all your posts it sounds like you can't really decide what would make you happy..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut