Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 06:42 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Nice graphic.

I can attest to the hot temps in New Haven yesterday, with the dew points/RH it really felt like it was 100 F.

As we look ahead at the forecast (it it all pans out), it doesn't look like a good one foe those who hate tropical, humid conditions with high dew points. With the trough axis WEST of the Appalachians, the upper-level flow will be from the southwest along the Eastern Seaboard, and with that Bermuda High not budging off the East Coast, a corridor of moisture will be established from the tropics right through the Southeast on up to the Tri-State/Mid Atlantic region. . That will keep the humidity/dew points very high, and allow for multiple showers and thunderstorms each day. Get those gutter cleaned out for the tropical downpours and keep the AC ship - shape - lol.

So get ready for a little taste of what the southwest monsoon in India feels like in the coming days/weekend - lol:
I want to note though to all that it is supposed to be COOLER (though with the even higher humidity probably not much less uncomfortable). Some reports have much of tomorrow and the weekend (but not as much Friday) being cloudy/rainy on and off most of the day.... I just hope that doesn't continue into the 4th, etc. and affect the many fireworks displays.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:04 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I want to note though to all that it is supposed to be COOLER (though with the even higher humidity probably not much less uncomfortable). Some reports have much of tomorrow and the weekend (but not as much Friday) being cloudy/rainy on and off most of the day.... I just hope that doesn't continue into the 4th, etc. and affect the many fireworks displays.
Agree we should not see any 90's (after today maybe) in this pattern. Also agree that humidity/dew points are really going to be high. Keep in mid if you look at the graphic over the last week we really had a WSW flow (more from the southern plains/Western Gulf). Now we will have a flow more SSW (or directly out of the tropics from around Cuba through the eastern Bahamas). So it will really feel super sultry/tropical:

We go from this flow:

To this flow in the coming days:

I admit it is fun to see these types of tropical flows, it gives us a taste of what the monsoons of southeast Asia must be like -

Old 06-26-2013, 08:37 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
It will probably be much like Florida in the summertime (something I know well as I spent a few summers down there as a kid).

Old 06-26-2013, 08:52 AM

3,350 posts, read 4,167,368 times
Monsoon? Hyperbole much? I doubt we will see over 3" of rain over multiple days. Snore.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:58 AM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times
It cant get out of the 70s here today. LOVE IT. lol

Upton:

"Increased cloud cover and a sea breeze along coastal areas have caused the temperatures to do an about face"

Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,361,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
It will probably be much like Florida in the summertime (something I know well as I spent a few summers down there as a kid).
Truth be told, the tropical dew points and high RH can be uncomfortable at times, mostly at night when trying to sleep. I delt with the summers in Florida about as easy as I do here. However 70's and 80's with high dew points is still far better than 115 to 120 F heat in my expereices in the Southwest. Once over about 105 F - even of the RH/DP is really low, your body starts to really feel the stress.

Check out what they have to deal with in the deserts in the coming days:

RGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LAS VEGAS NV
331 AM PDT WED JUN 26 2013

...EXTENDED PERIOD OF EXCESSIVE HEAT FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY...

.DANGEROUSLY HOT TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS MUCH OF THE
REGION RESULTING FROM A STRONG AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE ACROSS THE
WESTERN UNITED STATES FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY.

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM PDT /11 AM MST/
FRIDAY TO 8 PM PDT /8 PM MST/ MONDAY FOR ELEVATIONS BELOW 6000 FEET...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LAS VEGAS HAS ISSUED AN EXCESSIVE
HEAT WARNING FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN NEVADA...SOUTHEAST CALIFORNIA
AND NORTHWEST ARIZONA FOR ELEVATIONS BELOW 6000 FEET...WHICH IS IN
EFFECT FROM 11 AM PDT /11 AM MST/ FRIDAY TO 8 PM PDT /8 PM MST/
MONDAY.

THE EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* EXPECTED HIGH TEMPERATURES: LAS VEGAS (MCCARRAN INTERNATIONAL
AIRPORT) 114 TO 117...MESQUITE AND THE COLORADO RIVER VALLEY 118 TO
125...PAHRUMP 111 TO 114...BARSTOW 114 TO 118...MORONGO BASIN 110
TO 115...KINGMAN 108 TO 112...BISHOP 106 TO 108...CALIENTE 105 TO
108...AND DEATH VALLEY 126 TO 129.

* TIMING: AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF EXCESSIVELY HOT TEMPERATURES ARE
EXPECTED FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY. LITTLE RELIEF IS EXPECTED AT
NIGHT...ESPECIALLY IN URBAN AREAS SUCH AS THE LAS VEGAS VALLEY
WHERE LOW TEMPERATURES NEAR THE STRIP AND DOWNTOWN MAY NOT DROP
BELOW 90 DEGREES.

* GREATEST IMPACTS: CHILDREN...THE ELDERLY...AND PEOPLE WITH CHRONIC
AILMENTS ARE THE MOST SUSCEPTIBLE TO HEAT-RELATED ILLNESS. HEAT
EXHAUSTION...CRAMPS...OR IN EXTREME CASES HEAT STROKE CAN RESULT
FROM PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO THESE CONDITIONS. FRIENDS... RELATIVES
AND NEIGHBORS SHOULD CHECK ON PEOPLE WHO MAY BE AT RISK.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN TEMPERATURES ARE FORECAST
TO REACH DANGEROUS LEVELS THAT WILL STRESS THE BODY IF PRECAUTIONS
ARE NOT TAKEN.

TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS IF YOU WORK OR SPEND TIME OUTSIDE. WHEN
POSSIBLE...RESCHEDULE STRENUOUS ACTIVITIES TO EARLY MORNING OR
EVENING. KNOW THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HEAT EXHAUSTION AND HEAT
STROKE. WEAR LIGHT WEIGHT AND LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING WHEN POSSIBLE
AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.

TO REDUCE RISK DURING OUTDOOR WORK...THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND
HEALTH ADMINISTRATION RECOMMENDS SCHEDULING FREQUENT REST BREAKS IN
SHADED OR AIR CONDITIONED ENVIRONMENTS. ANYONE OVERCOME BY HEAT
SHOULD BE MOVED TO A COOL AND SHADED LOCATION. HEAT STROKE IS AN
EMERGENCY...CALL 911.

&&

Old 06-26-2013, 11:22 AM

1. No big storms on the horizon
2. If the trough sets up over the Ohio Valley we will stay Warm and HUMID with the south flow
3. We are now entering the unsettled pattern which should last until July 7th maybe beyond.

This means cloudy, rain, lots of rain at times, drizzle, and more scattered rain and storms, pokes of sun, warm nights, sticky, & muggy.

If that trough can shift just a little more east, then we wont stay as muggy/warm

Old 06-26-2013, 01:11 PM

CT included in SPC's Severe Weather possible.

Pink Outline = SPC Severe Watch possible
Yellow = Thunderstorm Watch
Smaller Yellow w/black = Thunderstorm Warning
Blue = Marine Warning

Old 06-26-2013, 02:23 PM

I just left my usual summer rant. Please get me out of this hell hole of CT Summers.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/30205344-post818.html

Old 06-26-2013, 02:34 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,897,830 times
Today's weather is actually perfect for me. Light breeze, mostly cloudy, not very humid, just a few fans on, no AC. We tried to go for a swim but it was actually too cold. It's supposed to be cooling down for tomorrow, right? I have a lot of yard work to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut