Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 05:06 PM

83,278 posts, read 74,503,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
What changes? For some reason your blog won't work for me.
Hmm, not sure why. Try again or PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
SeaDoo- Cam posted north of I-90 could be looking at 3-10" of snow (per the Euro).

Is this looking like an in/out Wednesday storm, whether it be snow or rain? I'll be avoiding Wednesday night traffic by traveling to upstate NY Thursday morning, hence me watching this forecast closely...
Yes, thanks. Euro was a bit overdone. But reading NWS Mt Holly NJ they said there's more support for the Euro then the GFS which stays well south and out without a drop of moisture for us.

Still lots of time left. By Saturday night we will know better.

Should be over by Thursday morning but because your travelling interior northeast I don't blame you for watching close. Your best bet is obviously a futher east track so interior doesn't get slammed with snow.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:05 PM

Teaser rains tomorrow. Chance of showers with the warm air moving in.

I insulated and covered my in ground Fig tree and Grapefruit tree. Need to stack a pile of wood under some leaves soon.

Upton has less than 1/4". http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/stormtotalprecip.php

Old 11-22-2013, 06:01 AM

You guys know where to find the updates.

For now lets talk about this warm (40s) drizzle happening outside. Wave of low pressure passing to the north. Nice to see the atmosphere can hold and drop some moisture.

I was hoping it would be sunny today to enjoy the temps

Old 11-22-2013, 07:31 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,311,835 times
Temps in the upper 40's this morning - about 20 F warmer than yesterday.

As of this morning not much has changed in terms of the Thanksgiving Holiday: Any snow or frozen mess should be near the I-81 /I-90 areas (Northeast PA, Upstate NY/Massachusetts), or North and West of the Tri-State/I-95 areas.

Both Monday and Tuesday looks prefect for travel on the East Coast, sunny and dry. RAIN will fall across the I-95 travel corridor on Wed from NY/NJ/CT southward...but it will/should clear out by Thursday....and sunny skies and dry weather should greet Thanksgiving 2013 in the Tri-State area and much of the East Coast.

At 3:24 and 3: 43 in the video Eliot shows/says how snow might fall along I-81 and rain along the East Coast:

Remembering and Looking Ahead - Northeast U.S. Weather Blog Weather Blog

Old 11-22-2013, 08:18 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,494,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Temps in the upper 40's this morning - about 20 F warmer than yesterday.

As of this morning not much has changed in terms of the Thanksgiving Holiday: Any snow or frozen mess should be near the I-81 /I-90 areas (Northeast PA, Upstate NY/Massachusetts), or North and West of the Tri-State/I-95 areas.

Both Monday and Tuesday looks prefect for travel on the East Coast, sunny and dry. RAIN will fall across the I-95 travel corridor on Wed from NY/NJ/CT southward...but it will/should clear out by Thursday....and sunny skies and dry weather should greet Thanksgiving 2013 in the Tri-State area and much of the East Coast.

At 3:24 and 3: 43 in the video Eliot shows/says how snow might fall along I-81 and rain along the East Coast:

Remembering and Looking Ahead - Northeast U.S. Weather Blog Weather Blog
Not one mention of the upcoming record shattering temperatures?

THESE STRONG NORTHWESTERLY WINDS WILL AID IN SUBSTANTIAL COLD AIR ADVECTION RESULTING IN UNSEASONABLY COLD TEMPERATURES /NEARLY 20 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL/ ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND ON SUNDAY.

RESULTING IN THE LAST DAY OF ABOVE NORMAL TEMPS MOST LIKELY FOR A WHILE.

The high is also forecasted to be 30-34 degrees on Thanksgving. Its going to be very cold Thanksgiving day. Nightime lows in the teens and 20's.

Thanksgiving Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Breezy.

Still early to tell with next weeks storm but it is trending to Rain changing to snow.

THEN A NW TO SE RAIN TO SNOW TRANSITION WOULD LIKELY OCCUR WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT AS COLDER AIR MOVES IN ON NORTH FLOW. STAY TUNED...BUT WOULD GENERALLY EXPECT RAIN TO SNOW AS THE DAY PROGRESSES WEDNESDAY AND INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:20 AM

10,004 posts, read 11,068,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post

THESE STRONG NORTHWESTERLY WINDS WILL AID IN SUBSTANTIAL COLD AIR ADVECTION RESULTING IN UNSEASONABLY COLD TEMPERATURES /NEARLY 20 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL/ ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND ON SUNDAY.

RESULTING IN THE LAST DAY OF ABOVE NORMAL TEMPS MOST LIKELY FOR A WHILE.

The high is also forecasted to be 30-34 degrees on Thanksgving. Its going to be very cold Thanksgiving day. Nightime lows in the teens and 20's.

Thanksgiving Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Breezy.

Still early to tell with next weeks storm but it is trending to Rain changing to snow.

THEN A NW TO SE RAIN TO SNOW TRANSITION WOULD LIKELY OCCUR WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT AS COLDER AIR MOVES IN ON NORTH FLOW. STAY TUNED...BUT WOULD GENERALLY EXPECT RAIN TO SNOW AS THE DAY PROGRESSES WEDNESDAY AND INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
Frigid air for this time of year .. rare

Old 11-22-2013, 08:22 AM

10,004 posts, read 11,068,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
I would agree...it has been a nice month this November. Today November 18th, the normal high at NWS Bridgeport is 51 F the normal low is 39 F.

We have enjoyed sunny skies and dry weather with no real extremes this November. We had several days like this morning with temps in the low 50's F that has helped us save money on our heating bills. No early snow which is very nice - and as you said much more normal than the snow we had back in Oct 2011. Several days have cracked 60 F (today cold hit 70 F !!) with sunshine and dry air. So no complaints from me

What's more interesting is how hard November is trying to turn colder and wetter - but is struggling: A few days of below normal temps...a few days of above normal temps.....yet nothing can lock in. Right now we are running just about dead on normal (-0.6 F). Precp is still WAY below normal and there have been few storms. So I hope this trend goes right into December, with this pattern of no blocking and a fast flow stays - we could end up enjoying a dry and normal to maybe even mild December

bump....WOW was this an inaccurate prediction temperature-wise.

Last edited by jp03; 11-22-2013 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: change

Old 11-22-2013, 08:24 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,494,491 times
Be careful on Sunday. Wind Chills will be dangerous outside.

.A STRONG ARCTIC FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND SATURDAY NIGHT BRINGING WITH IT GUSTY WINDS AND MUCH COLDER TEMPERATURES. LOW LEVEL WINDS BETWEEN 40 AND 50 KNOTS AND EXCELLENT MIXING WILL RESULT IN NORTHWESTERLY WINDS GUSTING UP TO 35 TO 40 MPH. THIS IS SHORT OF WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA...BUT WILL HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE WINDS AS SUSTAINED WINDS COULD BE CLOSE TO WIND ADVISORY CRITERIA AS WELL. THESE STRONG NORTHWESTERLY WINDS WILL AID IN SUBSTANTIAL COLD AIR ADVECTION RESULTING IN UNSEASONABLY COLD TEMPERATURES /NEARLY 20 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL/ ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND ON SUNDAY. IT LOOKS RIGHT NOW LIKE THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE RECORD COLD HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL BE TIED OR BROKEN /SEE CLIMATE SECTION BELOW FOR DETAILS/. ON TOP OF THIS...THE WIND WILL CREATE BITTERLY COLD WIND CHILLS INTO THE SINGLE DIGITS BOTH ABOVE AND BELOW ZERO. COLD TEMPERATURES CONTINUE INTO MONDAY AS HIGH PRESSURE SETTLES INTO THE REGION. WINDS WILL BE SUBSTANTIALLY CALMER...THOUGH STILL BLOWING AND ADDING TO THE CHILL IN THE AIR. WHILE IT IS LESS LIKELY THAT RECORD COLD HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL BE REACHED...IT WILL STILL BE A VERY UNSEASONABLY COLD DAY IN NEW ENGLAND.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:17 AM

754 posts, read 1,009,587 times
im so confused..... so we are getting a nor'easter.... but we arent..... and we are getting snow but we arent???

Old 11-22-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
bump....WOW was this an inaccurate prediction temperature-wise.
It's the same violin that plays with the same tune each year and the obvious is transparent, played out, and sad. Providing false weather information that's not supported due to a bias is a not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
im so confused..... so we are getting a nor'easter.... but we arent..... and we are getting snow but we arent???
You must be thrilled at least hearing about the potential. Remember all those quiet months we had with nothing even showing up?

Anyone travelling in the south Tuesday or in the Northeast Wednesday keep an eye on this.

Rain or snow or wind... some delays will be happening.

I'll have an update later ... Just keep in the back of your head all those times a slight shift in track changed what happened. That's the detail we don't know until hours before but overall it looks like a NorEaster is happening. We fine tune the details now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut