Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 AM

21,495 posts, read 27,743,517 times

Advertisements

Realtor.com

Most of those things are in Wallingford.

The closest mall is in Waterbury. There's also the mall in Milford, which is bigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 09:45 AM

21,520 posts, read 30,932,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Most of those things are in Wallingford.
Even better, most are on Universal Drive in North Haven.

BJs, Movies, Lowes, Target, Home Depot, restaurants, Best Buy, Petco, etc. They're all right next to each other.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:49 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,921,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Even better, most are on Universal Drive in North Haven.

BJs, Movies, Lowes, Target, Home Depot, restaurants, Best Buy, Petco, etc. They're all right next to each other.
Same in Wallingford along RT5. It's all pretty much stacked up one after the other.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:50 PM

2,855 posts, read 10,388,773 times
There is also a mall in Meriden, right next to Cheshire.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:06 PM

26 posts, read 83,218 times
We moved here from Charlotte in 2007, looking to go back ever since. What part of NC are you coming from? I could clearly tell you if you will like it or not. Your biggest change will be weather the schools here are great in Cheshire, you won't find the southern charm at all though. If you would like to inbox me a list of questions, I'd be happy to answer them

Old 07-11-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotedmom9603 View Post
We moved here from Charlotte in 2007, looking to go back ever since. What part of NC are you coming from? I could clearly tell you if you will like it or not. Your biggest change will be weather the schools here are great in Cheshire, you won't find the southern charm at all though. If you would like to inbox me a list of questions, I'd be happy to answer them
LOL Southern Charm like what? Over the top HOA boards that require DNA samples of dogs? Ticky tacky cookie cutter neighborhoods? Fake nice to you face, talk about you behind your back people? 6 months of deathly hot weather? Cuisine that consists of pulled pork and corn dogs? Sub par schools? Over the top crime rates? **** poor job opportunities in the minimum wage range?

There are two sides to every coin.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:22 PM

21,520 posts, read 30,932,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devotedmom9603 View Post
Doesn't sound like the OP wanted to know if she'll "like it or not".

Perhaps you could start out recommending areas you came across that will assist them in their research...

Old 07-18-2012, 02:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,104 times
Overall CT sucks compared to NC. Even though its right next to NYC...its a totally different environment. Good Schools, good hard working people but as a state has hardly any family friendly activities or night life. If I was forced to live back in CT, I would hang myself but if that wasn't an option I definitely prefer the Eastern(near NYC) and Northern parts of CT(near Hartford and Springfield). Stay away from Southeast CT( New London County). By the way...hope that you enjoy Lyme disease!!!

Old 07-18-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doit4Bklyn View Post
Overall CT sucks compared to NC. Even though its right next to NYC...its a totally different environment. Good Schools, good hard working people but as a state has hardly any family friendly activities or night life. If I was forced to live back in CT, I would hang myself but if that wasn't an option I definitely prefer the Eastern(near NYC) and Northern parts of CT(near Hartford and Springfield). Stay away from Southeast CT( New London County). By the way...hope that you enjoy Lyme disease!!!

Old 07-18-2012, 06:45 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,255,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingal1310 View Post
Hi, I will be relocating to Cheshire Area for job. Can someone suggest what areas are good to live which are good school districts as well. Any information will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Welcome to Connecticut and to the Cheshire area. Cheshire is a super nice town, kind of expensive to live in but quaint and well cared for by the city. There is an awesome school district, beautiful schools..high school is amazing. We live close to Cheshire..Meriden, almost into Southington, Cheshire area..kind of on the border. If you go on the Cheshire Chamber of Commerce website, you can read about all the good things in that area. I believe the housing costs are a bit higher in Cheshire so if you are looking for a savings on a home then look in the Southington, Meriden area. My husband is originally from Fairfield and I am a lifelong Meriden resident and we have had absolutely no issue living here in Meriden.
As far as the school district in Southington goes..I believe the grade schools are ok but have heard that the High School is enormous and that there have been issues with it being so large. My friend's daughter went to High School in Southington and didn't like it at all because of the size. She said she felt lost everytime she walked into the building.
Check out the Chamber of Commerces for each town, then go on to www.realtor.com and enter the city you are interested in's name.
Again, Welcome and good luck with your new job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut