Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 11:28 AM

242 posts, read 297,908 times

Advertisements

Serious question- no tailgating Fairfield is one of the towns in the crra trash to energy program. So I wash my plastic peanut butter jar with hot water, several times. I end up putting it in the recycle bin at the recycling center. But my question is, would it be better to just have it burned up as energy? Better as in wiser use of the energy recaptured by burning, versus hot water wash on my end, and any / all processes required to recycle the plastic to a workable state for reuse. Thanks-m
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 12:37 PM

83,369 posts, read 74,807,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisluvs View Post
Serious question- no tailgating Fairfield is one of the towns in the crra trash to energy program. So I wash my plastic peanut butter jar with hot water, several times. I end up putting it in the recycle bin at the recycling center. But my question is, would it be better to just have it burned up as energy? Better as in wiser use of the energy recaptured by burning, versus hot water wash on my end, and any / all processes required to recycle the plastic to a workable state for reuse. Thanks-m
I can see this turning into a great discussion or an ugly debate. lol
I personally like to see garbage used for energy rather than into making products.. Question is, will we need more energy in the future or less waste? I think if the latter turns into energy then the former wont be a big issue.

Then the other question becomes, do we need more pollution or more reuseable products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut