Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 05:57 PM

6 posts, read 6,742 times

Advertisements

I had an Aunt in Bridgeport, but was staying with her friend in Middletown. She was a *****, excuse my French, and I only had to stay with her for bout 3 or 4 weeks before finding a place to stay. I rent out the top half of my co-workers' home. So, I did it. I am a success story. Trust me, you guys plus every one else in SC thought I was crazy!!!!!! I just had to do it. I was losing everything I had in SC. Economy is not so great in my small town and there is a high unemployment rate. Yes, you guys did scare me off of this forum, but I am back now. I love it in Connecticut! Love, love, love! I love the rudeness, the fast pace, the beautiful scenery. Sigh. I should have came up, sooner! <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 07:53 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times
Just for the record, i didn't post any thing at all in this thread. I really am a nice person.

Once in awhile.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:07 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,836,447 times
Must never have looked on CD before. I cannot count the threads that warn people to have a JOB lined up before you make a quantum leap to another city, or state. And down to $0 is not really good financial planning. Best of luck.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:38 AM

Well, I didn't, and came up.... and got jobs and a place to stay in no time. Worked out quickly and flawlessly for me. To be honest, the only people that said anything bad was the couple of folks on here, my aunt's friend, and the people from SC who were too afraid to do anything so bold. My currrent town loves me, my customers loved me, and people up here love that I got away from my previous town. I just have to tell them that in my town, you get congratulated for getting food stamps. That is where I had to move away from. I wasn't going to stay there and rot. Yes, SOME people do do well there. I wasn't doing well. I decided to do something. I had a place to stay, like I said, with my aunt's friend. I have a car; I just needed to find work. I got a job at Dunkin' Donuts, but did not take it, because a gas station hired me at the same time, and I could get raises at the station.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:11 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Glad to hear this worked out for you. Thanks for updating us and good luck in the future. Jay

Old 09-24-2013, 04:07 PM

317 posts, read 576,266 times
We can be drinking buddies, I love getting hammered and will even pay for all the booze you can drink, no need to bring anything, just show up thirsty

I'll be moving to Connecticut very soon

Old 09-25-2013, 07:12 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,451,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiFlowers View Post
Well, I didn't, and came up.... and got jobs and a place to stay in no time. Worked out quickly and flawlessly for me. To be honest, the only people that said anything bad was the couple of folks on here, my aunt's friend, and the people from SC who were too afraid to do anything so bold. My currrent town loves me, my customers loved me, and people up here love that I got away from my previous town. I just have to tell them that in my town, you get congratulated for getting food stamps. That is where I had to move away from. I wasn't going to stay there and rot. Yes, SOME people do do well there. I wasn't doing well. I decided to do something. I had a place to stay, like I said, with my aunt's friend. I have a car; I just needed to find work. I got a job at Dunkin' Donuts, but did not take it, because a gas station hired me at the same time, and I could get raises at the station.
I'm glad things worked out for you. Yeah people can be mean on here sometimes and judgemental. I am always "the glass is half full." Not sure if you found friends yet.. as you get older friends are harder to find I realize. I moved from CT to Tampa 5 1/2 years ago. I found meetup.com. I recommend checking it out.. it's all over. You can find people w/ similar interests.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty458 View Post
I'm glad things worked out for you. Yeah people can be mean on here sometimes and judgemental. I am always "the glass is half full." Not sure if you found friends yet.. as you get older friends are harder to find I realize. I moved from CT to Tampa 5 1/2 years ago. I found meetup.com. I recommend checking it out.. it's all over. You can find people w/ similar interests.
Thanks, hun. I am so totally a member of Meetup.com! It's a nice place. It sucks that you have to pay to make a group, but I am planning on doing so sometime soon. Thanks for being supportive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut