Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:35 AM

142 posts, read 315,944 times

Advertisements

So i would like to let you guys know where not to eat in Ct ..

i know people will have their own opinion but im just warning you guys based off of me physically being in those particular areas

-Wilson's Holy Smoke BBQ

> bad food , high prices, long wait times

-Anyplace Within Stamford's Town Center [MINUS PF CHANGS]

> no variety of food , good prices

i will add more soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,941,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx4Life View Post
So i would like to let you guys know where not to eat in Ct ..

i know people will have their own opinion but im just warning you guys based off of me physically being in those particular areas

-Wilson's Holy Smoke BBQ

> bad food , high prices, long wait times

-Anyplace Within Stamford's Town Center [MINUS PF CHANGS]

> no variety of food , good prices

i will add more soon
I'm confused. The restaurants in STC are not good because there is a lack of variety of types of restaurants or because the menus themselves lack variety?

BTW, I've never had a bad meal at the Capital Grille or Mitchells.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:42 AM

48 posts, read 91,717 times
Be to differ on wilsons not having great food, its expensive but you don't get pulled pork like that anywhere up here.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,055,508 times
Wilson's has a quality control issue. I think they could be amazing, but too often is the stuff sitting at lukewarm temperatures. I guess if you go when it's busier, it might be better - but too many times have I dropped a lot of money and gotten nearly-cold food there. It's run by a bunch of a teenagers - I just think the management might be weak.

Jeff's Cuisine in Norwalk or Joey C's in Milford are more consistent for BBQ.

As far as STC, what do you expect - it's a mall. When is mall food ever exceptional? Capital Grille is a good chain, but very expensive. And PF Chang's is gross. One of the most unhealthy chains around.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:18 PM

22 posts, read 61,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
As far as STC, what do you expect - it's a mall. When is mall food ever exceptional? Capital Grille is a good chain, but very expensive. And PF Chang's is gross. One of the most unhealthy chains around.
Agree. All chains -- even the just opened Plan B.

Stamford is not a franchise town. Not one Applebees, Red Lobster, Outbacks, Olive Garden, Wndy's not even a Pizza Hut, Domino's or Papa Johns. Almost without exception, a chain is not where to eat. Ok maybe one possible exception: Pepe's mini chain.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:04 PM

21,617 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamfordproducer View Post

Stamford is not a franchise town. Not one Applebees, Red Lobster, Outbacks, Olive Garden, Wndy's not even a Pizza Hut, Domino's or Papa Johns. Almost without exception, a chain is not where to eat. Ok maybe one possible exception: Pepe's mini chain.
And Barcelona.

That's actually one thing I do like about the cuisine in lower FFC - not many chains. Kudos to the towns for sticking with that.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
And Barcelona.

That's actually one thing I do like about the cuisine in lower FFC - not many chains. Kudos to the towns for sticking with that.
In the case of Norwalk, they'd never block a chain. I always wondered why many don't exist there. Perhaps the high cost of real estate, and lack of developable land. Talking Applebee's-type freestanding restaurants.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:

There's 2 Domino's in Stamford.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:24 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,941,897 times
Quote:

Taco Bell on Rt 1.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:34 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,894,862 times
In Stamford there's also a KFC, a McDonald's, Subway, Burger King... but in general I agree, there aren't many chains there, which I agree is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut