Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:53 AM

837 posts, read 2,082,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbee View Post
Thank you all for your replies. From what you are saying, most of you are experiencing occasional drops or static. Thats not what Im experiencing. My XM radio is static 80%, audio 20% of the time, and it only started happeneing recently. Coincidentally, around the same time that XM "supposedly" shut down its repeater network. I guess I will take another stab at troubleshooting my radio. Its 4 years old, maybe its just on its last leg (as we all know, in the land of consumer electronics...4 years is an eternity).
Thanks again for your replies.
-a
I agree with the other posters; I would suggest re-examining your equipment.

It sounds like you have a Portable like myself. "80% static, 20% audio" is NOT how that service sounds for me. I rarely get static/cut-outs, and they become more infrequent in the wintertime when the trees are all leaf-less.

If you do have a portable, perhaps it is the antenna cord (with the magnet mount) that is withering away. If you have a built-in unit, I would suggest having a professional should take a look.

I cannot vouch for their service since I've never used them, but Starlander Beck, Inc. on the Post Road in Milford always has "SiriusXM" banners hung on their storefront. From what I understand, they specialize with in-car audio and alarm equipment. Might be worth it to give them a try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 05:22 PM

856 posts, read 2,014,990 times
If we're giving shop recommendations I can't say enough good things about Attention to Detail in Middletown. They do a lot of dealership custom work, theyre top notch for factory look installs. Also they have a great show room & customer service ethic.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:14 PM

861 posts, read 1,062,313 times
What is a XM re-fresh all about? The free period on our new car runs out soon. I don't want to pay, if the reception is no better than I've had, and it's worse than the Sirius in my other car.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:11 AM

363 posts, read 635,213 times
Last I knew. Xm refresh is when they send your subscriber info to your radio. Can't say I have any real issues with reception but it does get better now that the leaves are off the trees. I've been a subscriber since 2002and I would never go back to sucky CT FM radio!

Old 11-18-2013, 12:07 PM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottercutie View Post
I've noticed it has been giving me issues on the Merritt around Sikorsky and when driving around Stratford/Shelton
I go through there a lot and never had a problem. Call XM and complain. You pay too much to be having issue with their service. Jay

Old 11-18-2013, 01:00 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I go through there a lot and never had a problem. Call XM and complain. You pay too much to be having issue with their service. Jay

India based call center.

Good luck!

(former Sirius subscriber)

Old 11-19-2013, 05:36 AM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
India based call center.

Good luck!

(former Sirius subscriber)
I am not sure about it being an India call center but DW has been battling them for months on the price for service. We know they will offer you a better price if you push them and have been very successful at paying a lot less for the service. She had talked with them numerous times and got a good deal out of them right before our service was up this year. She made them bill her but when she got the bill she found it was completely different than what was agreed to. More calls and more negoiations. Another wrong bill. This was after talking to a so called manager. Finally they shut the service off. A day or two later she called and got me free service and hers half off for 6 months. While frustrating I think she likes negoiating a better deal with them. When mine is up she is going to make a new deal, hopefully the same as hers. Jay

Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 AM

363 posts, read 635,213 times
It's like dealing with the cable company. Just need the will power to play games with them. I have 5 radios, been a customer of XM for the past 11 years and never have a problem negotiating a good deal. I've always hated Sirius and definitely think customer service went down the drain when they took over XM but it is what it is and I can't imagine going back to FM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut