Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 PM

879 posts, read 1,659,529 times

Advertisements

Also good to wrap your freezer items in plastic trash bags and put them back in the freezer that way. If power goes out, you'll have a much easier and pleasant time cleaning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 12:42 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
They just said on the news that the latest EURO (predicted a Maryland/Virginia landfall) has shifted north. I caught the end of the forecast so I'm looking for confirmation on here.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:48 PM

48 posts, read 91,709 times
Yeah I just saw the same thing with the Euro as well, the most consistent model... Shifting north now, %$#@!

Old 10-26-2012, 01:13 PM

856 posts, read 2,014,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
I was just in the Branford Big Y and they have a table set up in the front of the store, labeled storm center. They have lanterns, weather radios, flashlight batteries, flashlights and candles. It is convenient that they put all the stuff together for people rushing in for needed items. I believe I am all set, but maybe this will help someone else.

Good luck!
I was shopping at stop&shop last night and they were setting one up too. The manager had people grabbing pallettes of stuff from various aisles...he kept saying "last last year, people everywhere" lol made my shopping experience interesting.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:31 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Euro did shift north...Looks more like Maryland/NJ . 2 other models have NYC. The whole idea is in place. Sunday will be just wait and see. Maybe mother nature has some tricks up her sleeves that models arent picking up.

It's still in South Florida right now.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,089,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmo View Post
What is their definition of miss? This isn't like a typical Hurricane, this storm will have devastating effects 500 miles from the eye.

What models are being used by channel 3? Some models are showing a Delmarva landfall, and some are showing a north Jersey landfall.
nah no way this far north if it makes landfall in south Jersey the effects in CT would be devestating..we would have heavy heavy rain and some gusty winds but not horrendous power outages like last August and October, some coastal flooding

whereever it hits will be really bad but 500 miles in any direction for it to be "devestating" is a stretch...I don't want to see this hit any land but it looks inevitable now

Old 10-26-2012, 01:43 PM

754 posts, read 1,017,378 times
ct closing all state parks...... as of monday. also all news stations giving out generators as prizes.... hmmm

according to nbc on twitter

Old 10-26-2012, 01:45 PM

240 posts, read 537,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
nah no way this far north if it makes landfall in south Jersey the effects in CT would be devestating..we would have heavy heavy rain and some gusty winds but not horrendous power outages like last August and October, some coastal flooding

whereever it hits will be really bad but 500 miles in any direction for it to be "devestating" is a stretch...I don't want to see this hit any land but it looks inevitable now
I'll admit that 500 miles is a bit much. If it makes landfall in NJ, I'm going to be worried in CT. The windfield is much larger than a typical Hurricane because of the Nor'Easter characteristics. Normally, a NJ landfall would have minimal impact here. But for this one, it looks like a NJ landfall will have me powering up my generator for at least a day.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:58 PM

502 posts, read 1,391,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintu View Post
Also good to wrap your freezer items in plastic trash bags and put them back in the freezer that way. If power goes out, you'll have a much easier and pleasant time cleaning.
What a great idea... thanks

Be safe, everyone

Old 10-26-2012, 02:12 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Here's the Euro Wind Gusts... This is just one model and I believe the stronger looking one. But notice everyone is pretty much in the 30-45mph range. Only near the center of circulation will they be stronger.

60mph gets into CT here and 70mph into Long island and NJ. This is for Tuesday morning time frame. Sounds like Irene when it started at 5am I think. So peak winds should be Tuesday morning but last all day.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut