Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM

527 posts, read 1,281,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Missouri? I really wish CL&P would make it transparent and give proper credit to those who left their families and helped us here!

I only knew about Texas, Vermont, and Quebec. Now Missouri is a new one for me.

Does anyone have a list of all the help we got?
Unfortunately I don't, but I found them and their website!
KCP&L Home Page, electric company in Missouri and Kansas

Also, their release about CT and NYC aid:
http://www.kcpl.com/about/pr/hurricane_assistance2.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 AM

240 posts, read 537,359 times
Quote:
Missouri? I really wish CL&P would make it transparent and give proper credit to those who left their families and helped us here!

I only knew about Texas, Vermont, and Quebec. Now Missouri is a new one for me.

Does anyone have a list of all the help we got?
I'm not looking to be negative, but the workers are getting paid a lot of money to come up here to work. We should definately thank them for doing so, but I don't think that it is CL&P's job to make sure that we all know which states are sending help. CL&Ps job is to make sure that they are paid and that out power gets turned on.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
I wonder if all of the inconveniences will reflect on the ballot, at least in the states affected by the aftermath of Sandy.
How would that ballot be reflected? Is there a referrendum to eliminate hurricanes?

Old 11-05-2012, 06:11 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,900,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Looks like the story I saw on the Weather Channel is now online:

Sandy Leaves Connecticut's Gold Coast Shaken - weather.com
Great. They make it sound like only the rich were affected by the storm. It would be nice to see some less biased reporting.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:11 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
DETAILS: Subway, Bus, Rail Options After Sandy | NBC New York

Old 11-05-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Great. They make it sound like only the rich were affected by the storm. It would be nice to see some less biased reporting.
One of the local stations was doing a story about a family from Somers who lost their vacation home. I would think that they could find a more deserving story than that. As long as the home was properly insured, they will have somebody rebuilt by June and they won't miss a vacation.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:23 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,847 times
These linemen are heroes and yet some trash throw eggs at them. That is a disgrace...

Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
I wonder if all of the inconveniences will reflect on the ballot, at least in the states affected by the aftermath of Sandy.
Since most of the states are solid blue states, I don't think lower turnout will affect the electoral votes (maybe, but a big maybe in NH and PA and perhaps VA and NC), but if Obama wins the election I think it increases the chance of what I'll call "2000 election in reverse".

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I have to admit this line made my hair stand on end:

"In Bridgeport, the state's largest city, flooding and widespread power outages complicated the lives of thousands.
"There's no heat. Our food is destroyed," said Yvonne Figueroa, 21, of Bridgeport, who said she could not get paid because the Fairfield clothing store where she works lost power. "I haven't been to work. I'm broke."
But the storm upended life most dramatically perhaps in the wealthier towns of Fairfield County, which is known for its hedge funds, New York City commuters and consistently high ratings for quality of life."

I'm not saying losing your boat, or your expensive home, or not having power for 1-2 weeks isn't a big deal but I think "I haven't been able to work, I'm broke" is a much bigger tragedy.....

Old 11-05-2012, 09:54 AM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
1 Week Later.

Over 35,000 still no power with CL&P and UI. More than 50% of the town of Redding has no power.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
1 Week Later.

Over 35,000 still no power with CL&P and UI. More than 50% of the town of Redding has no power.
I think that this is still better than the numbers from last October (the one week mark would have been that Saturday). I went 10 days without power myself. CL&P also did that rebate for customers who were without power though 7 days, I wonder if they will do the same thing this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut