Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 06:18 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,765,329 times

Advertisements

Running on a generator here (Stamford) since last night, cable is out, internet out too (using my phone), my parents the same and almost everyone I know has no power.

Seems like downtown stamford is still up though. I guess CL&P really worked hard to keep things running, this temp wall must have saved the downtown parts of Stamf.

I'm thinking of venturing out in a bit to see how bad the roads are - I've heard reports from someone who was out last night that this is the worst they've ever seen the roads.

I heard 4 homes in greenwich, right on the water are lost to fire, that's terrible .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 09:46 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,133,501 times
I am SO SO SO thankful to have power and no damage other than a couple small branches down in the yeard.

My heart goes out to those who got hit the hardest. Absolutely devasting to see this damage.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:07 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,076,871 times
we have no power in Glastonbury, up the street does though so we are hoping.

MY whole family still lives on Long Island, they have it really rough....restaurants I went to just a few years ago are no more, burnt, collapsed into the bay, flooded out, etc.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:43 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,951,074 times
A small twig fell onto my walkway and my newspaper did not get delivered this morning. Somehow I have survived both those tragedies.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 AM

10,004 posts, read 11,080,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
A small twig fell onto my walkway and my newspaper did not get delivered this morning. Somehow I have survived both those tragedies.
So since you escaped unscathed, you are going to make a point to ridicule others plights. Way to GO.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:53 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,185,221 times
No power and no cell service as well since 5 pm last night......no word on when it will be back but no damage to house and the giant tree in front stayed up.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:56 AM

514 posts, read 738,831 times
This pole took my power out

Still without power and I'm sure it will be for at least 2-3 days

Lots of trees messed up the sidewalks

Old 10-30-2012, 11:56 AM

453 posts, read 1,530,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
MY whole family still lives on Long Island, they have it really rough....restaurants I went to just a few years ago are no more, burnt, collapsed into the bay, flooded out, etc.
We just moved here from Long Island in December. Watching all of this unfold on Facebook and the news is heart wrenching to say the least. News reports were showing our old area completely flooded and they said the water was 3 feet deep.

We're in Stratford. We have power, DH just got home from getting pizza and said there's a lot of downed trees.

Counting my blessings today and thinking of everyone who didn't fare as well. Definitely not something to make light of just because you were lucky enough to get through this with minimal damage!

Old 10-30-2012, 06:56 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,909,139 times
Generator is running. This is our first storm with a generator, and it makes the ordeal much more bearable. We were lucky - the only trees down on our property were well away from any structures. Driving around Wilton, the damage was on par with Irene (maybe a little less) and nowhere near as bad as last October's storm. Roads were passable, but many lines down. One thing that struck me was that most of the trees down were evergreens. The damage here is nothing compared to the coast.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:48 PM

275 posts, read 417,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
we have no power in Glastonbury, up the street does though so we are hoping.

there is no power in Glastonbury still? that town had problems last year too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut