U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 05:44 PM

3 posts, read 6,114 times

Advertisements

Greetings folks,

I'm starting a new job in Branford later this month (moving from the Philly area). I'm working with a relocation service to find an apartment (1 BR w/ den or 2 BR). From the information I've found so far, Stony Brook in East Haven, Avalon Walk in Hamden and Aspen Glen, also in Hamden seem to best fit my needs.

I'm unfamiliar with the New Haven area and was wondering if anyone could compare East Haven and Hamden as places to live for me. Opinions on the apartment complexes I mentioned are also welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 09:01 PM

24,690 posts, read 40,281,431 times
Since you are working in Branford (which is east of New Haven) I would suggest you look for an apartment east of New Haven. There are many apartments and condos for rent in Branford itself and it is a very nice town to live in. It has a nice downtown area and lots of great shops and restaurants plus there is the beach.

East haven is a nice small work-class community immediately west of Branford. It would be a convenient place to live as well.

Hamden is located north of New Haven and to get to Branford means driving through the city every day which would be difficult. I-95 over the Quinnipiac River and the I-95/I-91/Route 34 interchange is being reconstructed and won't be completed for years. Hope this helps, Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or