Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times

Advertisements

Was just curious, no problem, don't worry about it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 01:36 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Was just curious, no problem, don't worry about it.....
I saw the 10 hr gap and Was thinking that too since it took me 5.5hrs to get to L.A but we've been answered. No direct flights.

And that forecast above looks chilly at 38 degrees. Nice dry cool week to come back but your first weekend back you'll want to go back cause of the cold. And since I mentioned back so many times....welcome back. Lol

Old 11-23-2012, 09:38 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,423,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaboy View Post
We depart for the airport at 4am. Getting into CT around 5pm..our first meal will be hot oven grinders from Jimmy's on Farmington Ave!
We are so looking forward to that!! Thanks everyone!
Here's good wishes that you had a very, very convivial Thanksgiving with your CT family! I bet your grandma was profoundly happy to see you again. We should all consider learning from your example, IMHO. We ought to fight the good fight against the tyranny of geography. Without that fight, distance will dissolve our bonds as family.

Good on you for making your grandma happy, Aqua!

Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,248,183 times
Thanks, all. Our flight went well with a stop in Dallas. The 10 hour time includes parking at Sac Intl Airport and all the other stuff that goes with it!
Marco Polo had a great buffet, thanks for the tipoff. The weather was pretty darn good for New England, just one rain and the snowstorm on Tuesday.
We took Gramma to see Lincoln at the Bowtie Cinema and had incredible pizza at Park Lane Pizza.
I even got to see old friends from the 1970's.
As they say a good time was had by all...

Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaboy View Post
The weather was pretty darn good for New England, just one rain and the snowstorm on Tuesday.
Thats great you had a good time, see, weather is overrated for New England. Its not that bad.

But I had to think twice about that comment....snowstorm?? Since your first post was on the 18th of November that means you missed the record breaking snowstorm on the 7th. There wasnt any other snow"storm" afterwards but then realized the light event on the 27th is what your talking about.

In 5 weeks we've had Hurricane, Rain, Snowstorms, Fog, Temps in the teens, mowing the lawn temps near 60 and ice advisories. Gotta love the changing new england weather.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,248,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Thats great you had a good time, see, weather is overrated for New England. Its not that bad.

But I had to think twice about that comment....snowstorm?? Since your first post was on the 18th of November that means you missed the record breaking snowstorm on the 7th. There wasnt any other snow"storm" afterwards but then realized the light event on the 27th is what your talking about.

In 5 weeks we've had Hurricane, Rain, Snowstorms, Fog, Temps in the teens, mowing the lawn temps near 60 and ice advisories. Gotta love the changing new england weather.
Thanks Cambium yeah we know CT weather we are a Hartford family since the 1920's. We were very lucky, it could have been 10 days of rain and funk!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut