Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 11:22 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,425,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Be very careful with the way
you handle paying these bills. Only talk directly to SCG using the telephone number from their website or the phone book. Do not trust an email. There is a lot of fraud going on out there. Jay

Thanks, Jay! You are so right. A couple of years ago, I got an email from Discover Card (looked like it was from them anyway, their logo, etc.); the email said there was a problem processing my last payment and they needed me to provide my checking account number, etc. I was at work and did not have that info with me, but then checked the Discover website and my payment was listed as having been received. I contacted Discover and they said they had sent no such email and wanted me to forward it to them, which I did. A day or two later, the return email address on the bogus email was no longer valid. Guess someone wanted to clean out my checking account. The crooks are very up on all the technology these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,063 times
i have been having issues with SCG since December. December 2012 bill was due on 12/24. Payment left my bank on 12/21. on 12/24 I receive an email from SCG, 'your statement is now ready'. Um, how can a statement be ready the same day the bill is due?? Plus they tacked on a late fee since they issued the bill early. I contacted them via the email on their website (better to have things in writing). Was told the bill should not have been issued, and they would correct the late fee.

Here we are in June 2013. Every month I receive a bill and am told the late charge will be taken care of, please allow two cycles for it to disappear. The last two months they show the credit, and the "total new charges" reflect it, but the "amount now due" still includes the balance forward of the late charge (which i refuse to pay simply out of principle). Yesterday they sent me a screen shot showing the late payment adjustment taken out, but my "amount now due" is still higher than the "total new charges", and no one can explain to me why.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:33 PM

837 posts, read 2,081,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I've been overcharged a few times, and then magically my next monthly bill is reduced. It all happens behind the scenes. Not sure why.
Like Stylo, I've been fortunate enough to have my billing issues magically disappear. *knock on wood*

Does anyone know if SCG has an office-front where they can schedule visits with constituents? I know they have a building in Milford on I-95, but I wasn't sure if folks are able to sit down one-on-one with an Account Manager or Account Support person for escalated issues.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:33 AM

1 posts, read 979 times
I am also having problems with SCG. They sent us a letter on Nov 21 Re: Delayed Billing Adjustment for the period 10/26/2012-4/22/2013. This is for gas use at a summer cottage which is closed and shut down during this period. I have spoken with them but have gotten no satisfaction. It is very frustrating.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 944 times
I was just reading all of these. I'm having a HUGE problem with them. There auto pay system took out 7,000+ dollars that I was initially told to ignore since it was how they do their billing. A supervisor in the financial billing told me I was all set and then today they ask me why they had to pay my overdraft fees, a guy at my bank told them because they caused my overdraft. Then I got transferred to another woman who told me that the financial department screwed up and should have contacted her instead of the treasury department.

Tomorrow the Director of Financial Customer Service is supposed to call ME. The woman refused to give me his number and only gave me his last name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut