U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,232 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I did a search for this before posting but didn't see anything specifically about the weekends.

I'm planning on going into NYC next Saturday night and taking the train from New Haven. I understand that there is a parking garage nearby. Will this be full if I arrive on a Saturday afternoon at like 3 or 4pm? Are there a lot of people who park there and then go into the city for the weekend?

If it is full, where else can I park? My only concern is that I intend to be getting back to my car at around 2 or 3am and don't want to be walking through any sketchy areas to get back to my car. (I suppose I could take a cab, but I'd rather spare the expense)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,459,835 times
The parking garage at Union Station is pretty big, so you shouldn't have trouble fiinding a spot. Especially now that the holidays are over, so there probably aren't as many people going into the city. You may have to drive to the rooftop for parking if it's scarce. Union Station isn't in the best area, but you'll be fine just walking to your car - even late at night. I've done this over a hundred times and never had a problem. I'd be more worried about freezing when coming back at night if parking on the roof - it's like a wind tunnel up there. And if that garage does fill up, there's another one right across the street.

Also, keep in mind that at other stations without parking garages it's free on the weekends. Milford is the stop right after New Haven. It's a small parking lot but it's free parking - and you can park overnight too. The last few times I've gone into NYC for overnight trips I've left my car there with no hastles. Just a thought.

Have a goodtime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or