U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,349 times

Advertisements

So my wife and I are thinking about movig to Stamford.

We like condo living so I'm looking for some recommendations. Budget is pretty flexible (willing to spend up to $4500 but would ideally keep it around $2500-3000).

We want a 2 bedroom but would settle for a large 1 bedroom. And we like nice amenities, etc. I know that in Stamford there is trump parc (haven't seen great reviews) and the highgrove (haven't seen any reviews). Any suggestions on those two? And any other places that you think we should consider? It is just the 2 of us (no kids) and we are fairly young so being close to downtown is a plus.

Also open to a townhome but a condo is the preference. Any other areas close to stamford I should consider? Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 11:09 AM

14,746 posts, read 17,977,138 times
There's a lot of nice apartments in Harbor Point, which is an area currently being expanded near the water. It's a bit "industrial" looking still, not as charming or tight knit as parts of downtown, but there are some beautiful new apartments. http://www.harborpt.com/

You should do fine with your budget and wants. Have you tried looking on Realtor.com, Zillow, Hotpads, etc.? There's lots of choices downtown.

The surrounding area isn't huge on condos (think more sprawling estates and large waterfront homes!), but you could try South Norwalk. It's got a small vibrant area with some nice apartments/condos by the Maritime Center and the harbor, but it's a pretty small urban area compared to Stamford and the surrounding areas are a bit dumpy.

Are you working in NYC still? You could consider Greenwich too.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Status: "Its beginning to look a lot like..." (set 1 day ago)

4,786 posts, read 7,511,604 times
There are plenty of new townhomes and condos available and many more on the way. I suggest simply roaming around downtown and along its edges to see what is out there. There's a nice concentration of condos/apartments on Forest Street and the in the vicinity of Latham Park, both in downtown. On Bedford Street cornering North Street there is a complex that many times have a sign announcing leases. I don't remember if the sign is still there, but walk by to check it out (its a couple of minutes walk from Latham Park.) There is also a low rise complex on Summer Street across the street from the Majestic movie theater. There are many other places in downtown as well.

Regarding the Trump Parc and Highgrove, on the first one they lowered the price. On the facade facing Washington Boulevard they once advertised prices starting at over $600,000 and now its down to a little over $400,000. The apartments tend to be small and minimalist in style, many have great views of either Stamford and Long Island Sound, Stamford and the hills north of the city, or Stamford and the New York City skyline. There was suppose to be a restaurant on the premise, but apparently they have had trouble attracting a tenant. There are a couple of restaurants next door in the Target building, and not too far from there is Bedford and Summer streets, with their deluge of restaurants. Also, the park across the street from the Trump Parc is almost done, just minor touches are left to be made, but by the looks of things it should be fully open this coming spring.

The Highgrove is perhaps the most exclusive and luxurious building in the city. The apartments tend to be quite large and rich in architectural details. The residents tend to be on average older than is typical in other complexes in downtown. It is on quiet and mostly residential section of downtown, within walking distance to Bedford Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut