U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:03 PM

627 posts, read 827,566 times

Advertisements

It's safe but I would only park in a Metro North garage on a weekday. On the weekend, you can use all the commuter spots that are usually reserved at all the other small stations for free.

Also, New Haven in particular is a pretty big station so getting from your car to the track you need may be a 10 minute walk. The only advantage of New Haven is that if you fall asleep on the train, you'll still make your stop since it's the last stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 01:11 PM

30,428 posts, read 31,345,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
I recently moved to CT but my girlfriend lives in Long Island and also sometimes I go to the city. Is New Haven safe to park in for a day or weekend? any other suggestions on how to get to NYC?

I wouldnt mind going to the other closeby stations, which are safe? I heard Bridgeport is bad but not sure about the others
One can also get from New Haven to NYC by bus (Peter Pan/Greyhound) but I don't think the buses run as often as the trains and since you are going to Long Island probably your best option is to drive.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:10 PM

1,033 posts, read 3,252,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackfu View Post
It's safe but I would only park in a Metro North garage on a weekday. On the weekend, you can use all the commuter spots that are usually reserved at all the other small stations for free.

Also, New Haven in particular is a pretty big station so getting from your car to the track you need may be a 10 minute walk. The only advantage of New Haven is that if you fall asleep on the train, you'll still make your stop since it's the last stop.
I loled here....I cant tell you how many times ive fallen asleep and woke up in New Haven when my car was at Milford. I just take the 2+ hour walk to my house, and then I have to find a ride to Milford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut