Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:31 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,935,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRollRocks View Post
not EVERYONE is friendly at all in Connecticut.
there are alot of bullies across the state sadly.
near NYC is probably much nicer & safer than say central CT, Hartford county.
lots of shootings & murders happening there lately.
wudn't call that friendly OR safe!
Really??? Are you kidding? Do you know what you are talking about? Connecticut is just as safe and I would say nicer than New York. And people here are just as friendly. You are WAY OFF in your comments. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 12:35 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRollRocks View Post
There is nothing false about it!
you never watch the news Stylo?
obviously not...lots of shootings in Hartford lately on the news.
Why is that such a problem for you to read Stylo & Stratford, CT resident???
This is a city-data site.
Data means facts, not fiction.
Oh, I get it...same ole, same ole. god forbid people tell actual
facts on the CT forum..
Strange....

Do yourself a big favor OP, don't move to Connecticut.
You'll end up really regretting it.
Connecticut's way too expensive & gives you so little basic freedoms
like Freedom of Speech even.
It's been an oppressive state for quite awhile now.
The probate court & worker's compensation system is a nightmare too!
You don't want to get hurt on the job in Connecticut or retire here either. You'll go thru the wars.
So many people ended up permanently disabled getting hurt on the
job in Connecticut sadly enough.
This is the Insurance Capitol of the world, so don't get a Blue Collar job here, it's too risky, if you get hurt!
It takes people years too, to get Disability benefits! Too risky in these tough times OP!
GOOD LUCK to ya, OP!
Do you know anywhere outside of the State of Connecticut??? These things you mention happen in other places too. I think you are taking your peronal problems and issues and blaming them on this state and assuming the same things do not happen elsewhere. Sorry but you are wrong. Jay

Old 01-06-2013, 10:47 AM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
There are shootings in all cities in many states. It's more of a national problem. You can't judge an entire area (central CT and Hartford county) based on some isolated bad neighborhoods. The overwhelming majority of CT is perfectly safe.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:31 AM

173 posts, read 351,811 times
I hope you'll move to the Fairfield area, as I personally think the more visually diverse it is with people who are friendly to one another and want to support local businesses, the better a place it will be for all of us. Fairfield is terrific and, I think, the most diverse racially/ethnically, religiously, and in other ways, whereas in Greenwich and Darien you'll meet up with more of a "good ol' boys" club that feels welcoming to very few.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM

588 posts, read 1,320,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meglion View Post
I hope you'll move to the Fairfield area, as I personally think the more visually diverse it is with people who are friendly to one another and want to support local businesses, the better a place it will be for all of us. Fairfield is terrific and, I think, the most diverse racially/ethnically, religiously, and in other ways, whereas in Greenwich and Darien you'll meet up with more of a "good ol' boys" club that feels welcoming to very few.

Not true - and offensive. Have you ever actually lived in either of the communities you're generalizing?

Fairfield is too far from the city for the OP, who clearly stated that proximity to NYC is very important. For a young, single woman, I'd focus your CT search on Stamford. Greenwich and Darien also offer the best commutes, but they're very family-oriented suburbs, so less bars, restaurants and single people. You may also want to check out White Plains, NY in Westchester County.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:04 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meglion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax12479 View Post
Not true - and offensive. Have you ever actually lived in either of the communities you're generalizing?
I have to agree with you jax. Admittedly, i don't know anyone from Greenwich, but i do know a few people from Darien and i wouldn't characterize them as "good ol' boys", whatever that means anyway.....

Old 08-24-2013, 05:31 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,780,482 times
CT is fine if you're black, but you might find some areas of New Jersey or Rockland County cheaper and an easier commute.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:30 PM

69 posts, read 157,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyprincess64 View Post
Hello....I'm a black woman thinking about taking a job in NY. My mother is moving with me, no children, so I'm thinking about moving to the Fairfield area instead of NY city. Mom would not like living in NY city. Would CT embrace me or should I look elsewhere? Candid comments appreciated.
You would have no problems being embraced in CT. People care much more about attitude and values, than skin color here.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:32 PM

912 posts, read 2,099,472 times
CT isn't North Dakota there are many blacks

Old 08-29-2013, 07:21 PM

274 posts, read 518,672 times
In that part of Connecticut the color of your skin is far less important than the size of your bank account. If you have 10-20 million to throw away that should get you the fake acceptance of your new fake friends. Start by stuffing the pockets of our corrupt politicians and they will tell you who should get the rest of your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut