U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM

8,780 posts, read 16,261,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
I'm not seeing any one owner move in and try to take over the licenses.
They can't. There's a limit of 3 package store permits per corporation. The limit was 2, prior to '12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 07:41 PM

3,541 posts, read 2,702,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Would this be helpful for package stores.

Connecticut Liquor Stores For Sale - BizBuySell.com

Same website can be used to find franchises for sale, Just change the filters.

I think you're only going to get just so much information on the internet. You woud have to make contact with the realtor handling the sale or with the seller to get really in depth info. You could also check with any of the larger real estate companies that handle commercial real estate. They will also know what is available.

Thanks for the reply. That is the website I found too. I picked liquor stores since it's probably one of the few businesses that would have revenue immediately. Its said that if you open a business don't expect to be profitable for the first 6-12 months. I couldn't survive that long without money.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 AM

110 posts, read 285,864 times
Goes perfect with Ct. backwards corrupt territory. Highways,antique electrical utility wiring and high taxes that make you ask where does my tax money go? (highway tolls are returning too). A sudden wind gust can shut the power off for days here. State of the art tech. like a Ford model T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Liquor store eh?

This has been a pet peeve of mine in recent years, and i'm not alone. The typical package store in CT is a little dumpy dingy relic from yesteryear. Many of us have had enough of "guess the price" dusty dark outdated cr*phouses. Take a look at the newer stores like Total in Milford and Norwalk, or Town Line in Stratford. These are the way liquor stores are headed now. Are you ready for that? Unless of course you're just looking to open something in a ghetto, then disregard my post.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM

751 posts, read 1,513,634 times
If a liquor store or restaurant is listed on bizbuysell.com to have a cash flow of $47,000, is that an annual average?

Also, what kind of "take-home" income would an owner-operator expect? I know there is no right, wrong, or definitive answer, but any input is appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 AM

14,744 posts, read 17,977,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Yep, that's the one. Not the one in front of Aldi, which has a decent selection, but is firmly stuck in the timewarp.
I don't mind the one near Aldi, but I know what you mean. I really like Milford Wine & Spirits, it's in a timewarp in a very charming way. Tiny little neighborhood shop with very nice owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or