U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:04 PM

15,807 posts, read 22,108,557 times

Advertisements

Premier Car Wash on State Street in North Haven. They have a $19.95 wash and vacuum and for an extra $5, they'll hand spray-wax your vehicle (not listed so you have to ask). Car comes out great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 PM

1,033 posts, read 3,256,827 times
Ive always gone to what is now known as Kleen-N-Green on Roses Mill Rd. in Milford.
Its been a couple other names over the last ten years, but This place pretty much updated everything and have some "eco friendly" blend. Normally I go there every weekend in the summer.

I like to wash my car myself using one of the DIY bays. Never had any problems and from what I see, The auto car wash and the detailers do fantastic work.

Prices range from $18-26.

the 26 seems expensive, but they practically gut your car, they shampoo even your floor mats. the whole nine.
Wash Menu

Honestly, Im never quite sure about any kind of "solvent" or cleaning agent that is marketed as Eco/Environmentally friendly. But since this place changed over, the soap really foams up nicely and it smells clean with a hint of coconut. Its seems to do the job well and no one bothers you if you wash your own car.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM

14,829 posts, read 18,083,490 times
I go to Kleen-N-Green in the warm months for the DIY bays myself, but I would NEVER bring my car through the automatic wash. I'd never bring my car through ANY auto wash that isn't touchless. Even though it's "brushless", you're essentially getting dirt from other cars ground into your paint. I once had a black car that I had beautifully detailed to a mirror like shine, and one accidental run-in with a fancy brand new "brushless" car wash (I mistakenly believed it was touchless) led to a disturbing amount of swirl marks. They especially wreak havoc on wheels.

Lately I've gone to the hand car wash in Milford that's on Bridgeport Ave near Aldi. It looks rough from the outside as they just bought it and are trying to clean it up. They do good work and do everything by hand, making sure not to scratch anything. For the price of the full inside/outside wash, they do a lot of work and leave the car spotless. Only downside is cash only, and they take their time - which really isn't a downside at all. It's just a longer wait.

I also really like Exclusive in Danbury on North Street. It's totally touchless, except for the drying process - but the touchless wash is probably one of the more effective/powerful that I've encountered.

I had a lot of luck with Chappaqua Hand Wash, but it's too far for me now.

Gotham in Danbury does decent full detail work, but is very expensive.

Automobilia in West Haven is good for detailing/hand washing as well. I've been meaning to try Attention To Detail in Orange.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 PM

8,780 posts, read 16,308,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp625 View Post
While we are at it with cars, does anyone know of or can recommend a quality car wash in the area (preferably Fairfield or New Haven County)? I've heard so many stories of car wash brushes scratching up paint and/or the employees not taking care of the car, which leads to unnecessary scuffs.

I loved the "Connecticut Car Care" in Shelton, CT before they were bought out several times. It is now a Speedy Russell's car wash. I haven't been to it since it changed to Speedy Russell.

I've also gone to Splash Car Wash in Fairfield, CT several times, and all of the workers there seemed extremely miserable with their lives. A few of the workers also gave me funny looks that just rubbed me the wrong way. The next evening - my rims and tires were stolen.
Personal Touch on New Haven Ave. in Milford is pretty decent for an automated wash. Speeder on River Rd. in Shelton? You get what you pay for................

Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 AM

751 posts, read 1,521,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Lately I've gone to the hand car wash in Milford that's on Bridgeport Ave near Aldi. It looks rough from the outside as they just bought it and are trying to clean it up. They do good work and do everything by hand, making sure not to scratch anything. For the price of the full inside/outside wash, they do a lot of work and leave the car spotless. Only downside is cash only, and they take their time - which really isn't a downside at all. It's just a longer wait.

Automobilia in West Haven is good for detailing/hand washing as well. I've been meaning to try Attention To Detail in Orange.
Ooooh, I will have to check that place out. What's the name of that shop on Bridgeport Ave near Aldi? It's not coming up on Google Maps.

Also, I've heard great things about Automobilia in West Haven. Very pricey but fantastic work from what I've heard since they specialize in detailing high-end cars.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:43 PM

226 posts, read 371,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
If Dominick and/or Mike are still actively working, i'd recommend D&M on Monroe Tpk. in Monroe.
Thank you.

Has anyone used Gene's Automotive or Jensen?

Gene's Automotive in Trumbull | Gene's Automotive (203) 445-7983 & 6567 Main St, Trumbull, CT 06611 | <Automotive/Gas Stations> - Yahoo! US Local
http://www.jensenautomotivect.com/

They are both very close to me but I can't find many reviews on either of them.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:15 PM

226 posts, read 371,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1r View Post
Thank you.

Has anyone used Gene's Automotive or Jensen?

Gene's Automotive in Trumbull | Gene's Automotive (203) 445-7983 & 6567 Main St, Trumbull, CT 06611 | <Automotive/Gas Stations> - Yahoo! US Local
http://www.jensenautomotivect.com/

They are both very close to me but I can't find many reviews on either of them.
Recently had the opportunity to use Jensen, and from this one experience anyway, I highly recommend them. My car wouldn't start and based on the symptons it appeared it might be the alternator, not the battery. I was totally prepared to pay for a new alternator but Jensens said it was actually the battery. They replaced the battery, charged minimal labor, and so far car has been running great. They could have easily sold me a new alternator and I never would have known better...

Shop: Jensen
Type of Work: Battery
Cost: Very fair
Recommend?: Yes
Misc. Comments: see above

Old 03-29-2013, 09:17 AM

751 posts, read 1,521,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Hey Stylo - do you recall what the name of that car wash is? Is it "Personal Touch" that Stratford, Ct Resident mentioned? Their website doesn't seem to mention anything about hand-washing only. Also, did you do a Car Wash or a full blown Auto Detail? And how much cash should I bring? Thanks again!

Last edited by Comp625; 03-29-2013 at 09:42 AM..

Old 03-29-2013, 04:55 PM

8,780 posts, read 16,308,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp625 View Post
Hey Stylo - do you recall what the name of that car wash is? Is it "Personal Touch" that Stratford, Ct Resident mentioned? Their website doesn't seem to mention anything about hand-washing only. Also, did you do a Car Wash or a full blown Auto Detail? And how much cash should I bring? Thanks again!
PT is on New Haven Ave. The place Stylo is talking about is across from the Planet Fitness on the Post Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or