U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM

16 posts, read 20,186 times

Advertisements

Hi all, my car was hit today by a mail truck! My car was parked and she knocked off the mirror and pushed in the drivers side door a bit near the wheel well also causing some paint damage. Needless to say I need a recommendation for a reputable repair shop. It is a BMW so I would want to be sure the place is experienced. I am new to CT and living in West Hartford and would like someone within a 20 minute drive or so. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 02:33 PM

2,063 posts, read 2,313,561 times
Sorry about your unfortunate incident. I have used A-C Automotive and Steben Auto Glass in WH on two separate occasions (both were minivan body work). Both were satisfactory; the former was a bit expensive; the latter I don't know since it was paid by insurance.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:34 PM

691 posts, read 909,041 times
Highly recommend Olender's in Vernon. While they aren't the closest (but still within your 20 min rage), they're true professionals and do SUPERB work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascha View Post
Hi all, my car was hit today by a mail truck! My car was parked and she knocked off the mirror and pushed in the drivers side door a bit near the wheel well also causing some paint damage. Needless to say I need a recommendation for a reputable repair shop. It is a BMW so I would want to be sure the place is experienced. I am new to CT and living in West Hartford and would like someone within a 20 minute drive or so. Thanks!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 PM

16 posts, read 20,186 times
Thanks for replying. The woman's insurance company is paying for it so price doesn't really matter I just want to make sure it is quality work. Her insurance company referred me to Stebens. How would you rate them?

Old 01-10-2013, 02:38 PM

8,780 posts, read 16,240,408 times
No recommendation for you but i just wanted to note that if you haven't contacted your insurance, do so immediately. You're going to have to pay your deductible and then have your insurance company subrogate the damage claim. Unless you don't mind waiting an eternity for a government bureaucracy to pay up.......

Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascha View Post
Thanks for replying. The woman's insurance company is paying for it so price doesn't really matter I just want to make sure it is quality work. Her insurance company referred me to Stebens. How would you rate them?
Huh?

Old 01-10-2013, 02:46 PM

2,063 posts, read 2,313,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Huh?
I think this was a response to my post. Rascha--I just DM'd you.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmelk View Post
I think this was a response to my post. Rascha--I just DM'd you.
Nope. The "huh" was in regard to private insurance covering an accident in a government vehicle. Private insurers don't do that.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM

751 posts, read 1,509,647 times
Thumbs up Olender's Body Shop in Vernon, CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
Highly recommend Olender's in Vernon. While they aren't the closest (but still within your 20 min rage), they're true professionals and do SUPERB work.
I second Olender's in Vernon, CT. My girlfriend's car was hit-and-run while she was living in Manchester several years ago and they did a superb job of fixing everything.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:19 PM

841 posts, read 1,651,485 times
Recently had body work done by Schaller. They deal with all makes/models whether purchased from Schaller or not (we were in the not category). They had great customer service and attention to detail. Easy off the highway, enterprise rental on site, pick up drop off shuttle, if something isn't right they'll make it right. See if Brian Hartwell is available, great guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or