U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 AM
 
8,780 posts, read 16,254,102 times
Reputation: 5219

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
The three nicest sections of Bridgeport are Black Rock (west of Ellsworth), Brooklawn and the North End. I wouldn't consider any other section.
"You" would be doing yourself a disservice if you wouldn't consider the Broadbridge Rd.("Treeland") area of Bridgeport. Most people would assume they were in Trumbull or Stratford.

 
Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Fairfield, CT
5,536 posts, read 8,194,880 times
Reputation: 5788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
"You" would be doing yourself a disservice if you wouldn't consider the Broadbridge Rd.("Treeland") area of Bridgeport. Most people would assume they were in Trumbull or Stratford.
I stand corrected then. I'm not familiar with that section. How big is it?
 
Old 01-21-2013, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Northeast states
10,334 posts, read 7,248,362 times
Reputation: 2709
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococheen View Post
I lived in the east end of Bridgeport on Dover Street and it was very quiet with an occasional dog or two barking. Lots of dogs in Bridgeport no matter where you go. The main race concentration is Hispanic, however, I have been around Caucasian people in that town that have more battle scars, so things are quite different today as far as races go, Caucasians, and I speak for myself, blend in in Bridgeport. The Hispanics don't look at you the way they used too. I'd worry about my car getting broken into before I'd worry about walking down the street. The rise in children in the area has made it safer.




Dover St is not quiet lol and it not nice area lot of robberies , burglary, home invasion, couple of shootings in that area


Stay away from East End, East Side(Down Past Boston Ave and York St but Texas Ave area indents are increasing, The Hollow, West Side, South End, Reservoir ave/Soundview, French St area, Below Capital from Madison Ave to Main Street to North Ave side streets it get sketchy Everything else you else is decent to nice

Last edited by BPt111; 01-21-2013 at 09:46 AM..
 
Old 01-21-2013, 12:49 PM
 
8,780 posts, read 16,254,102 times
Reputation: 5219
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I stand corrected then. I'm not familiar with that section. How big is it?
It isn't a huge area. "Treeland" basically encompasses the area east of Evers Street to the Trumbull/Stratford lines. Modest single-family homes on (+/-) .25 acre lots. If you're not sure whether or not you're still in Bridgeport, just look at the street signs. Bridgeport's are blue.

Last edited by Stratford, Ct. Resident; 01-21-2013 at 01:08 PM..
 
Old 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Northeast states
10,334 posts, read 7,248,362 times
Reputation: 2709
Stay away from those parts because of high level of crime
 
Old 01-21-2013, 01:55 PM
 
8,780 posts, read 16,254,102 times
Reputation: 5219
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Stay away from those parts because of high level of crime
Stay away from what parts?

Last edited by Stratford, Ct. Resident; 01-21-2013 at 02:12 PM..
 
Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Fairfield, CT
5,536 posts, read 8,194,880 times
Reputation: 5788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
It isn't a huge area. "Treeland" basically encompasses the area east of Evers Street to the Trumbull/Stratford lines. Modest single-family homes on (+/-) .25 acre lots. If you're not sure whether or not you're still in Bridgeport, just look at the street signs. Bridgeport's are blue.
Interesting. I'm not familiar with that area at all. Thanks for the information.
 
Old 01-21-2013, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Northeast states
10,334 posts, read 7,248,362 times
Reputation: 2709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Stay away from what parts?
The one mentioned above
 
Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Fairfield, CT
5,536 posts, read 8,194,880 times
Reputation: 5788
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
The one mentioned above
Is it near Trumbull Gardens? Is that why you say stay away? And are you talking about the Treeland area?
 
Old 01-21-2013, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Northeast states
10,334 posts, read 7,248,362 times
Reputation: 2709
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Is it near Trumbull Gardens? Is that why you say stay away? And are you talking about the Treeland area?

Yes it is close by also reservoir ave and the gardens vicinity

Last edited by BPt111; 01-21-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top