U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 04:26 PM

10,333 posts, read 7,234,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHill82 View Post
Thank you for your help. I'm glad I found this post. Just in time. Thank you again.

If it don't work out checkout Milford and Stratford also.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:27 PM

8,780 posts, read 16,246,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
It is better on the othe side of Main St by John Winthrop, Sacred Heart, 2000 Block of Madison Ave and higher up till Trumbull Line, It kinda nice by Park Ave going toward Scared Heart, Westfield Ave area. The property taxes a kinda high
With the huge expansion of SHU, there has been a need for off campus housing for students. Many people are renting rooms out pretty easily to students, and because of that, home values are becoming quite inflated in that area. The eventual crash won't be pretty.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
With the huge expansion of SHU, there has been a need for off campus housing for students. Many people are renting rooms out pretty easily to students, and because of that, home values are becoming quite inflated in that area. The eventual crash won't be pretty.
I also notice North End property vaules is declining and see alot of NY plates in Bport.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I also notice North End property vaules is declining
Not within a mile of SHU they aren't. They're skyrocketing in that area.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:47 PM

8,832 posts, read 14,237,793 times
Quote:
I also notice North End property vaules is declining and see alot of NY plates in Bport.
That's been going on for a lot longer than you think due to the relatively cheap housing prices of Bport. Why do you think in the 2010 Census Bridgeport gained population for the first time in over half a century? Also (going back to a post in this thread I originally made a year and a half ago), I had learned that many of those students originally lived in Yonkers, Mt. Vernon, the Bronx, northern Manhattan, etc.

In some cases, it was the third or fourth move in a "pattern", first from the above areas to Stamford or Norwalk (or even to Stamford and then to Norwalk), then from there either east to Bridgeport or north to Danbury.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:23 AM

24,587 posts, read 40,140,661 times
Quote:
I know this post is over a year old, but I have a similiar question. I am looking into purchasing a house in Whiskey Hill. It is on Voight Ave. A block away from Resevoir and Trumbull Ave, near Trumbull Gardens. Is this an area I should avoid. I was told this was the North Side, a good decent area.
Thanks for your help
This is not a great area. Not horrible but I personally would not buy there. You should be looking at the North End which is generally the area west of Main Street and north of North Avenue (Route 1). Jay

Old 09-10-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I know this post is over a year old, but I have a similiar question. I am looking into purchasing a house in Whiskey Hill. It is on Voight Ave. A block away from Resevoir and Trumbull Ave, near Trumbull Gardens. Is this an area I should avoid. I was told this was the North Side, a good decent area.
Thanks for your help
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
This is not a great area. Not horrible but I personally would not buy there. You should be looking at the North End which is generally the area west of Main Street and north of North Avenue (Route 1). Jay
Voight is in the North End(06606 Zip Code). I do need to caution you about making recommendations regarding Bpt. neighborhoods. It's apparent that you haven't lived in Fairfield for some time now, as the recommendation of "north of Rt.1" and "west of Main" may have been applicable 15 years ago, but it certainly is not today. The pockets of "good" neighborhoods in the city have rapidly shrunk in the last 5 years. Sad, but true. I'm not trying to attack you here. I just don't want to see someone make a mistake based upon past perceptions.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Voight is in the North End(06606 Zip Code). I do need to caution you about making recommendations regarding Bpt. neighborhoods. It's apparent that you haven't lived in Fairfield for some time now, as the recommendation of "north of Rt.1" and "west of Main" may have been applicable 15 years ago, but it certainly is not today. The pockets of "good" neighborhoods in the city have rapidly shrunk in the last 5 years. Sad, but true. I'm not trying to attack you here. I just don't want to see someone make a mistake based upon past perceptions.

I would say north of westfield ave is the better and west of Main St, some little okay spots off main st within 2 blocks when u by CVS, Cablevision on Upper Main St.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:17 PM

11,034 posts, read 13,371,681 times
Yet, if a black person started this thread asking about black neighborhoods to live in, it would be perfectly acceptable.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:39 AM

24,587 posts, read 40,140,661 times
I think it is best to permanently close this thread. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut