U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-21-2013, 11:09 AM
 
Location: NC
720 posts, read 1,437,038 times
Reputation: 1067

Advertisements

Forgot to mention Quinniapac College's new museum in Hamden, "The Hunger Museum" , a history of the Irish Famine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Southwestern CT
209 posts, read 509,547 times
Reputation: 79
It was cool to read your detailed update. Having moved back here from LA it’s always nice to hear someone else’s perspective when they come here. Yeah the traffic in Fairfield county is pretty horrible if you go during rush hour but it still pales in comparison to other parts of the country, particularly California. You are living in a great part of the state so glad you don't have to experinece much, if any traffic. I agree whole heartedly with your assessment. Glad you are enjoying your time here in Connecticut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Coastal Northeast
15,765 posts, read 22,041,464 times
Reputation: 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsnowgirl View Post
It was cool to read your detailed update. Having moved back here from LA itís always nice to hear someone elseís perspective when they come here. Yeah the traffic in Fairfield county is pretty horrible if you go during rush hour but it still pales in comparison to other parts of the country, particularly California. You are living in a great part of the state so glad you don't have to experinece much, if any traffic. I agree whole heartedly with your assessment. Glad you are enjoying your time here in Connecticut
I never saw 30 mile jams regularly when I lived in the LA area, like I've experienced on 95 and the parkway.

We've had this debate before, but I will say, LA traffic is extremely overrated. Even DC is worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Southwestern CT
209 posts, read 509,547 times
Reputation: 79
Yes we have had this debate previously. I had a feeling youíd be all over me the second I posted this and I almost didnít post because I donít want to take this thread way off topic when traffic was only a small portion of the original posting.

My experiences in LA have been opposite of yours. I have seen those 30 mile jams while 95 is pretty ugly, it IMO pales in comparison to my experiences out west. Traffic was merely one part of this thread so I was just making a comment to their posting thatís all.

I know how you feel on this and you know how I feel, can we just leave it at that please. I like a lot of your postings and think you make a lot of sense and maybe if we were in the same circles we'd even get along but can't we just agree to disagree on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Coastal Northeast
15,765 posts, read 22,041,464 times
Reputation: 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsnowgirl View Post
Yes we have had this debate previously. I had a feeling youíd be all over me the second I posted this and I almost didnít post because I donít want to take this thread way off topic when traffic was only a small portion of the original posting.

My experiences in LA have been opposite of yours. I have seen those 30 mile jams while 95 is pretty ugly, it IMO pales in comparison to my experiences out west. Traffic was merely one part of this thread so I was just making a comment to their posting thatís all.

I know how you feel on this and you know how I feel, can we just leave it at that please. I like a lot of your postings and think you make a lot of sense and maybe if we were in the same circles we'd even get along but can't we just agree to disagree on this one.
Yes, we'll agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM
 
Location: Southwestern CT
209 posts, read 509,547 times
Reputation: 79
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Near the Coast SWCT
65,152 posts, read 47,496,561 times
Reputation: 10545
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeninWA View Post
Hi Again Everyone!

Its been a long time since I have posted anything and it has now been approximately six months since my wife and I moved from Seattle.

ē Driving: Its different here than anywhere else. People tail gate nonstop here, people drive on lane lines
All my years in CT I still cant get passed this one. I shake my head each time and use the 3 C method. Part of me wants to slam on my brakes and let them hit me because a hit from behind is automatically the hitters fault. "maybe" they will learn after that. If we can teach them a lesson one at a time its almost better than just letting them go.

But I think the 2nd time doing it insurance companies would pick up something fishy about people hitting me from behind.

It's really ashame and frustrating. Im sure we all seen some crazy stuff and squint wondering why are they so damn close!!!!!! JUST BACK OFF!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Connecticut
24,669 posts, read 40,256,063 times
Reputation: 6999
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Yes, we'll agree to disagree.
Sorry Kidyankee, but I do agree with surfsnowgirl on this. LA has some of the worst traffic in this country. I think your experience is the exception because of where you lived. I am not saying I-95 is not bad though but it is rarely a full 30 miles of traffic. So I guess we can just agree to disagree too. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Coastal Northeast
15,765 posts, read 22,041,464 times
Reputation: 5294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
All my years in CT I still cant get passed this one. I shake my head each time and use the 3 C method. Part of me wants to slam on my brakes and let them hit me because a hit from behind is automatically the hitters fault. "maybe" they will learn after that. If we can teach them a lesson one at a time its almost better than just letting them go.

But I think the 2nd time doing it insurance companies would pick up something fishy about people hitting me from behind.

It's really ashame and frustrating. Im sure we all seen some crazy stuff and squint wondering why are they so damn close!!!!!! JUST BACK OFF!!!!
Nearly every car accident on the highways in CT is due to either aggressive or passive-aggressive driving. I went through a training course where I learned that statistically, CT has the most reported incidents of road rage in the country. Everytime I get on the highway, I see people weaving, tailgating, people high beaming. I have noticed that left lane campers really seem to get people going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Sorry Kidyankee, but I do agree with surfsnowgirl on this. LA has some of the worst traffic in this country. I think your experience is the exception because of where you lived. I am not saying I-95 is not bad though but it is rarely a full 30 miles of traffic. So I guess we can just agree to disagree too. Jay
Well, since you re-opened the can of worms those little highway signs in Stamford/Darien regularly say "DELAY NEXT 27 MILES". And the delay lasts about 27 miles. It breaks in Stratford/Milford and gets jammed again in Orange/West Haven through New Haven.

DW has been doing that trek daily now and we have photos of the signs to prove it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 AM
 
Location: CT
1,932 posts, read 3,179,736 times
Reputation: 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
DW has been doing that trek daily now and we have photos of the signs to prove it!
I hope she makes a million bucks a year to put up with that crap! I'd go insane...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top