U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 01:41 PM

11,039 posts, read 13,401,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Less than a half hour in Fairfield County means you pretty much have to live in the town where you work, or an adjacent community. Milford/Stratford/Shelton will easily be an hour commute + regularly.
Okay but I think you're assuming that I would be working in Stamford. There are also job opportunities in New Haven, Milford and even up in Waterbury or whatever. It's a very dynamic scenario with many possibilities. For example, when I lived in CT, I never had a job in Hartford. One job was in Bloomfield. Another was in Berlin. So it really depends. So please stop.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 PM

15,744 posts, read 22,030,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Okay but I think you're assuming that I would be working in Stamford. There are also job opportunities in New Haven, Milford and even up in Waterbury or whatever. It's a very dynamic scenario with many possibilities. For example, when I lived in CT, I never had a job in Hartford. One job was in Bloomfield. Another was in Berlin. So it really depends. So please stop.
Yes, Stamford and Norwalk are where most of the jobs are, hence the insane traffic heading south in the morning and north in the evening.

Let me put it this way: If you work southwest of a line from Ridgefield to Fairfield, then you'll want to live in an adjacent community if your max commute is 30 minutes.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:25 PM

14,749 posts, read 17,990,897 times
Quote:
Less than a half hour in Fairfield County means you pretty much have to live in the town where you work, or an adjacent community. Milford/Stratford/Shelton will easily be an hour commute + regularly.
Depends on where he works. He could do a 20-30 minute commute if he works in Westport/Norwalk. Westport has a decent amount of finance jobs.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM

15,744 posts, read 22,030,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Depends on where he works. He could do a 20-30 minute commute if he works in Westport/Norwalk. Westport has a decent amount of finance jobs.
I'm just trying to save us from the inevitable "I hate FFC and the insane traffic - moving back to Hartford" thread if he were to live in Milford and commute.

Last edited by kidyankee764; 02-11-2013 at 02:49 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM

14,749 posts, read 17,990,897 times
Quote:
I'm just trying to save us from the inevitable "I hate FFC in the insane traffic - moving back to Hartford" thread if he were to live in Milford and commute.
Understandable

Old 02-11-2013, 03:08 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,883,222 times
Quote:
Thanks, but I already like Charlotte more than any other city in the South. I like it. But thinking long term, it might be best if I returned to CT, but in a different area of the state. I still stand by Hartford county not being good for me. Although I have flip flopped a lot on where to settle, I know I don't want the Hartford area for sure. And right now I'm in Charlotte. It's a very nice place indeed. Much nicer and better than anything in Florida, Texas or out west IMO. There is a lot to like here. But I am not sure it's BEST for me. I want the BEST in life.

But yeah, even my parents have suggested that southwestern CT might be ideal for me, on multiple occasions.
So is it hard to admit that you like CT that much? Seems to be where you want to end up, so why not stay there?

There is no best city in life. Every place is going to offer something different.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
So is it hard to admit that you like CT that much? Seems to be where you want to end up, so why not stay there?

There is no best city in life. Every place is going to offer something different.
In the past, I have said that there are many positive things about CT. I don't feel like repeating them though. I guess what it boils down to though, is that my family is there...that's all. So the question then becomes, where is the best place I can live that is within 3 hours of travel time to my family? Well, it ain't gonna be NYC or Boston, that's for sure. It inevitably must be a small city. One of the reasons I chose Charlotte is because I can visit family within 3 hours of a flight as well.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:07 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,183,569 times
Quote:
In the past, I have said that there are many positive things about CT. I don't feel like repeating them though. I guess what it boils down to though, is that my family is there...that's all. So the question then becomes, where is the best place I can live that is within 3 hours of travel time to my family? Well, it ain't gonna be NYC or Boston, that's for sure. It inevitably must be a small city. One of the reasons I chose Charlotte is because I can visit family within 3 hours of a flight as well.
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard you complain about Charlotte yet. So.. why the seeming inevitably of figuring out where to move next? Why not stay?

"I can't really think of any notable negatives about Charlotte at this time" -- nep321

I swear you're going to give yourself a heart attack.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard you complain about Charlotte yet. So.. why the seeming inevitably of figuring out where to move next? Why not stay?

"I can't really think of any notable negatives about Charlotte at this time" -- nep321

I swear you're going to give yourself a heart attack.
Charlotte is a great place and I like it, except for a few minor things. But like I said, I still see myself moving back to CT within 5 years or so. So should I really stay here? Idk yet. But if I return to CT, it will NOT be Hartford county or anywhere near it.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 PM

673 posts, read 1,235,523 times
18 pages already and he is still in CT. Maybe the title can be a little less misleading?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut