U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 AM

15,739 posts, read 21,986,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
The reason I came here in the first place is because I wanted to get the hell out of my parents' house; it's a retreat. So, while here, I'm making the best of it and actively seeking employment.
So, to clairfy, you never had plans to relocate.

/thread.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:25 AM

431 posts, read 196,196 times
I can't even....I don't even know what to say anymore.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:25 AM

14,713 posts, read 17,933,283 times
Sigh.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:39 AM

419 posts, read 335,238 times
Quote:

Charlotte, on the other hand, would only be a 2 hr flight to Bradley, and the job opportunities there are exciting for a young professional. There are many more young people in Charlotte than New Haven and it's more transient, and half of the population there are transplants from other regions of the country. NY and NJ plates can be seen EVERYWHERE over there. I appreciate the mix of northern and southern culture. Makes things interesting. And, the gay population in Charlotte is about three times that of greater New Haven. Not to mention, the cost of living is WAY less, which works well for a single person. It would free up $9,000 a year in disposable income for me, therefore allowing me to spend more money on flights to visit family in CT! I also found the area to be more gay friendly than people would think. I openly admitted I was gay to a random shopper at Food Lion down there and she smiled and said I was cute and we had a good time chatting. My gay friends there are out with everyone and they never had an issue. It's also not as conservative as people think. I mean, the metro area as a whole voted in favor of Barack Obama. The climate is ideal for me, too. Four seasons with an emphasis on summer, mild winters, and mountains nearby for hiking. That's when I crossed Florida off the list. I have friends in the area, and this guy is looking for a roommate for just $500 a month in his brand new house. It would make it easier for me to get started up and look for a job. Plus, the industries in Charlotte are matched closely with my background in financial services and utility industries. Duke Energy is the largest utility in America. Bank of America is also headquartered there, among other companies. I'm not crazy about the sprawl, but no place is perfect, right? I'm sure it will take some time to adjust to the culture, too. But it just seems like it would work better for a young single gay person who is business minded and favors quality of life over nightlife and partying. I'm just glad that I know the pros and cons and have realistic expectations, if I do decide to move there.
I'm quoting your first post in this thread so you and others can compare it to your most recent.

Dude, are you for real?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamz View Post
Dude, are you for real?
Unfortunately, I believe he's serious.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 AM

419 posts, read 335,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Unfortunately, I believe he's serious.
I sometimes wonder if he isn't making this all up, it just seems so utterly outlandish.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 AM

338 posts, read 449,986 times
It's amazing how this thread grew to 33 pages. I can't explain it, but I'll admit that it's very intriguing to me; entertaining, informative, and also depressing.

Nevertheless, I'm going to printout this thread and save it for my children. Basically, I'll have them read it slowly and politely tell them NEVER under any circumstances follow the actions of the OP.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 AM

1,930 posts, read 3,172,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamz View Post
I sometimes wonder if he isn't making this all up, it just seems so utterly outlandish.
I thought the same thing; why leave a stable, high paying job with NU and go on this crazy journey...? This guy needs some guidance from someone other than his parents; I think they're the ones responsible for screwing him up in the first place. SPOILED ROTTEN!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 AM

11,023 posts, read 13,362,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
I thought the same thing; why leave a stable, high paying job with NU and go on this crazy journey...? This guy needs some guidance from someone other than his parents; I think they're the ones responsible for screwing him up in the first place. SPOILED ROTTEN!
I can do what I want. It's my life. I don't need to please anyone or get anyone else's approval. I have no regrets leaving my stable, high paying job. I will get another high paying job soon enough anyway. Why would I stay at a high paying job if I'm miserable there? Life is too short to be hostage to an employer. People should be in control of their OWN lives; not the employer being in control of THEIR lives.

Thankfully, I have wealthy parents who live in the Farmington Valley district of CT, and who are compassionate enough to catch me when I fall, as good parents should. It's only a matter of time before I may inherit several million dollars and have a safe and secure retirement.

I mean seriously, what's it to you guys? It's MY life! But, I do appreciate everyone's interest in this thread in helping it grow to 33 pages.

As soon as I find a job, I will be living a stable and secure, comfortable lifestyle once again, and I have the resume to get there.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Thankfully, I have wealthy parents who live in the Farmington Valley district of CT, and who are compassionate enough to catch me when I fall, as good parents should. It's only a matter of time before I may inherit several million dollars and have a safe and secure retirement.
Seriously dude?

I know lots of people who have far more money than your parents do, yet they have work ethic, drive, and understand sacrifice - unlike you.

What selfish comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut