U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 05:26 AM

168 posts, read 225,790 times

Advertisements

Hi, been holed up for a some time now. Had back surgery in Sept so that is why I haven't been on here. Well two surgeries (2nd to clean up screw up). Staph, Strep & MRSA. Nursing home that never changed my bandages (I'm in my 40's and coherent so I know what was going on. Dr ordered 4 times a day changing lucky if I got one in 2 days). Still on pain killers, pain is miserable.

Any good pigs anybody know of????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 AM

15,743 posts, read 22,015,413 times
Gilf, I'm going to send you a DM.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 AM

Forgot to mention they want me in for a third. Found out they hit the bladder, bowel function part of the spine.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 AM

15,743 posts, read 22,015,413 times
Good luck. Hope you can get back to normal soon.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 AM

16,231 posts, read 25,453,163 times
Oh my gosh! I don't know a malpractice attorney but I wanted to wish you good health moving forward. It sounds like you had a miserable time of it right from the beginning. Be well.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Oh my gosh! I don't know a malpractice attorney but I wanted to wish you good health moving forward. It sounds like you had a miserable time of it right from the beginning. Be well.
Thanks.

I found a pain management doctor who has me functioning almost normal except for 60 mg of morphine 2x a day & oxycodone/acetametaphin 10/325 3 x a day. He has been a savior.

I had a great doctor out of Yale neurosurgery try to help me out, thanks to my pain management Dr. I had 2 operations with him. One 5 hours 2 days later another for 11 hours. The first so called surgeon or butcher missed L2 - L4 so it shows his incompetence. He never put Titanium rods in either, just did laminectomies to L5 & S1. ( cut spine bone to relieve pressure on spinal nerves ) Dr. Had to repair all his work. As he had to push L5 in place from front, op 1. Then op 2 laminectomies for L2 - S1 with fusions & titanium rods. I went to Hospital of Special Surgery ( best ortho hospital in world ) to get another opinion & they would have done the same. Even a radiologist from NYC said surgeon #1 was a butcher " hey, dr. Pout tha in writing " he did just nicer semantics.

If anybody wants the butchers name pm me. I'm out 3 weeks now so it will be about 5 months before I know if he reversed anything? I just like to lower the narcotics. I'm healing so much better than last year.

Crazy when you have 2 doctors telling you to get an attorney & sue the sob & to file complaints with the Dept of Health.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:45 AM

1,187 posts, read 2,185,153 times
Aren't malpractice attorneys also cross listed under personal injury?

Old 10-16-2013, 08:56 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,269,889 times
The CT Dept of Public Health lists previous malpractice suits on all MDs. You should probably take a look.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
The CT Dept of Public Health lists previous malpractice suits on all MDs. You should probably take a look.
The guy came up short on Dept of Health. I ran a check before 1st op. I found out by surgeon slip of tongue he does more Cerivical level yet all he kept saying was he does Lumbar Sacrum all the time.

I filed complaint against surgeon & nursing home & another surgeon who refused to run tests requested by Wound Care & Infectious Disease Doctors doctors & my pain management doctor. This guy is my 1st surgeon's buddy. He called Wound Care dr. " whose the b out of wound care who ordered this' & told both doctors to drop dead in nicer words. I did find out there was a little war going on at Yale. My Wound Care, Nephrologist & Pain Dr along with my new surgeon have been God sends.

What ticked me off is I got staph, strep ,MRSA in home. They never performed duties of cleansing wound & changing dressing, understaffed, etc ( supposed to be one of best around too so I hate to see a bad one ). The Health Dept denied my complaints as they said they already fined them on same issues before. What the heck? ? Do your job before somebody dies. I sent forms to Malloy & called it a governmental department joke & waste of taxpayer funding. If you want nursing home pm me.

I filed insurance fraud & mail fraud against the nursing home as they charged but didn't do what was obligated by them. My health insurance carrier is investigating & the postal inspectors are in the wings waiting.

Last edited by gilfman; 10-16-2013 at 08:25 PM..

Old 10-16-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seymourct View Post
Aren't malpractice attorneys also cross listed under personal injury?
Not really.

Somebody PM me a while back with a medical malpractice firm. I retained them as they are taking on my case. Funny he pm me with firms name same day I talked to the legal firm. I just have a different partner as his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut