U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 PM
 
Location: Coastal Northeast
15,742 posts, read 21,996,197 times
Reputation: 5277

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Uh, if the trucks were out plowing the roads during the course of the storm, they wouldn't have been stuck in their parking lots.
Trish. I'm sorry but you need to get a grip on reality. The snow was falling at 5" an hour in some places. That's IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with, and many plows were literally stuck at the height of the storm. They had to be dug out with backhoes in Branford last night at 11.

Stop your whining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2013, 08:56 PM
 
3,720 posts, read 4,440,066 times
Reputation: 4741
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Trish. I'm sorry but you need to get a grip on reality. The snow was falling at 5" an hour in some places. That's IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with, and many plows were literally stuck at the height of the storm. They had to be dug out with backhoes in Branford last night at 11.

Stop your whining.
No need to insult me. Our main roads are pretty clear and I have nothing to whine about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Coastal Northeast
15,742 posts, read 21,996,197 times
Reputation: 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
No need to insult me. Our main roads are pretty clear and I have nothing to whine about.
I did not insult you. It's ridiculous when people assume that the DOT and locals were simply being lazy by hanging out in a parking lot.

Police officers were getting stuck in hummers. Nuff said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2013, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
3,535 posts, read 2,693,805 times
Reputation: 2305
[quote=7 Wishes]Unfortunately, I know that New Haven and Middletown supposedly recorded 4 FEET during the famous 1888 blizzard so I wonder if Hartford's record only goes back to whenever Bradley Airport opened [/quote 7 Wishes]

I heard on TV that Hartford's snow records only go back to 1905.


I took measurements in different parts of my yard and they ranged from 23-31 inches.

Last edited by MrGompers; 02-09-2013 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2013, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
169 posts, read 360,761 times
Reputation: 119
Pics? I need to see what 3 feet looks like (although I'm pretty sure I got close to that in 2006).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2013, 09:04 PM
 
3,720 posts, read 4,440,066 times
Reputation: 4741
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I did not insult you. It's ridiculous when people assume that the DOT and locals were simply being lazy by hanging out in a parking lot.

Police officers were getting stuck in hummers. Nuff said.
You are the only person who mentioned the word lazy. I never called anyone names in this thread. I just expressed my surprise in one comment about the lack of plowing and then addressed another person who quoted my comment. You are the one who started with the name calling. Anyway, I'm sure the towns people will have their say with their mayors if they feel the need to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2013, 09:07 PM
 
Location: Coastal Northeast
15,742 posts, read 21,996,197 times
Reputation: 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
You are the only person who mentioned the word lazy. I never called anyone names in this thread. I just expressed my surprise in one comment about the lack of plowing and then addressed another person who quoted my comment. You are the one who started with the name calling. Anyway, I'm sure the towns people will have their say with their mayors if they feel the need to.
If you didn't assume they were lazy, why else would you claim they'd be hanging in a parking lot?

Stop complaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 PM
 
3,720 posts, read 4,440,066 times
Reputation: 4741
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
If you didn't assume they were lazy, why else would you claim they'd be hanging in a parking lot?

Stop complaining.
I didn't say anyone was hanging in a parking lot. I was responding to a post that said the plow trucks were stuck in their lots and couldn't go out to plow. Anyway, I'm ignoring you from this moment on as you seem to love to go on the attack and go around the forums with a chip on your shoulders. Good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2013, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Coastal Northeast
15,742 posts, read 21,996,197 times
Reputation: 5277
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I didn't say anyone was hanging in a parking lot. I was responding to a post that said the plow trucks were stuck in their lots and couldn't go out to plow. Anyway, I'm ignoring you from this moment on as you seem to love to go on the attack and go around the forums with a chip on your shoulders. Good day.
Or I just dislike when people whine about those who are trying to help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2013, 09:58 PM
 
27 posts, read 92,668 times
Reputation: 18
Well, I am not whining--I know these men and women are working hard, and I applaud them!

HOWEVER--I'd love to find out when my street will be cleared. I'm assuming sometime tomorrow, but I haven't seen (or even heard) a plow for 24 hours now. Does anyone know whether there are any resources (online or otherwise) for residents to look up when individual streets will be cleared?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top