Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 12:35 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
You accidentally a word here.

If you mean as fast as, U-Verse is comparable to Optimum. Problem is, U-Verse isn't available everywhere. And worse, if it's not available in your area, they constantly send you advertisements for Dish Network, which is awful.

I haven't watched any of their TV broadcasts in quite some time, but I find WTNH's website to be the least offensive. WFSB hasn't updated theirs in what feels like 10 years, and it shows...

I wonder if ATT Interent is as fast as Optimum Online and price comparison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 06:08 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,945,234 times
Optimum has up to 101mbps. Uverse max speed is 45mbps. Of course, availability depends on location.

I have the 24mbps service from Uverse and am very happy with it. Handles multiple simultaneous Netflix streams with ease.

Also, did anyone else see this? I'm hoping this doesn't result in a degradation of service. Dan Haar column: AT&T Selling Connecticut Operations to Frontier - Courant.com

Old 12-28-2013, 03:32 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Oh, that looks promising. I said that i would NEVER go back to AT&T, but it now looks like they're back in play.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:42 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,561,204 times
All Connecticut Comcast systems will drop WVIT! Wait...NBC Connecticut is an NBC owned-and-operated station? Ha ha! Just kidding!

In all seriousness, when was the last time Comcast had a major carriage dispute with a local broadcaster?

I used to live in southern Maine. Portland has a large Time-Warner franchise. They've had carriage issues in the past with WGME-TV (CBS) channel 13 of Portland and Sinclair Broadcasting. I think there was something with WCSH-TV (NBC) channel 6 of Portland and Gannett Broadcasting, too.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:01 PM

16 posts, read 18,991 times
The NY channels are worthless in CT. Anyone that watches them needs help. They do nothing for this area. ALL the NY channels showed up to cover a funeral in Stratford in December 2012, they were told by the State Police to stay the hell away but they didn't. Now all these people think they are so wonderful. Would someone please tell me if you live in the Bridgeport-Milford area, what do you get out of watching ch 2,4,5,7,9,11 & 13?

Old 12-31-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
They want Fairfield County to be NY so bad
TRUE, but when do the NY stations ever come here to do a story? They never give the weather for Bridgeport or the sports for CT.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:40 PM

THIS IS VERY INTERESTING......

WFSB -
Cablevision's contract to carry WFSB on its cable system has been extended to January 3 at 6:30 p.m. due to the upcoming winter storm that is going to hit the northeast Thursday into Friday to make sure all Connecticut residents are receiving vital weather updates and information.

CABLEVISION hates the CT channels and said they are no good and the NY channels are better BUT...Cablevision is keeping WFSB on "To make sure all Connecticut residents are receiving vital weather updates and information". SO...They are ADMITTING that the NY stations DO NOT COVER THIS AREA. Make up your mind Cablevision.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:51 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Channels are worthless View Post
THIS IS VERY INTERESTING......

WFSB -
Cablevision's contract to carry WFSB on its cable system has been extended to January 3 at 6:30 p.m. due to the upcoming winter storm that is going to hit the northeast Thursday into Friday to make sure all Connecticut residents are receiving vital weather updates and information.

CABLEVISION hates the CT channels and said they are no good and the NY channels are better BUT...Cablevision is keeping WFSB on "To make sure all Connecticut residents are receiving vital weather updates and information". SO...They are ADMITTING that the NY stations DO NOT COVER THIS AREA. Make up your mind Cablevision.

News12CT is not that good anyways they repeat the same news for 2 days and late on news stories, WFSB rarley report Fairfield County anyways Mostly NBC and WTNH sometimes.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:20 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,561,204 times
Would Cablevision keep WTNH-TV on their lineups or would they drop them, too? A friend in Stratford told me that WTNH-TV was his strongest commercial pickup with the antenna in the analog days (from Hartford/New Haven).

Old 01-01-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN_224 View Post
Would Cablevision keep WTNH-TV on their lineups or would they drop them, too? A friend in Stratford told me that WTNH-TV was his strongest commercial pickup with the antenna in the analog days (from Hartford/New Haven).
Analog signals and antennas are a thing of the past, these new digital antennas do not work as well and people around here don't have them so we don't know what stations they can pick up. If I knew I could get the Hartford stations crystal clearly with the new antennas I would drop Cablevision after 35+ years in a second. Sounds like it might be a good new business to get back into, rotors and TV antennas. My point is that it is not fair to drop CBS, CW & FOX in FFLD County and keep ABC & NBC and to keep all the NY channels and sports teams in New Haven County, Cablevision is picking and choosing their coverage area. It sounds like a violation of CT anti trust laws by trying to eliminate the competition. I hope Cablevision drops WTNH, they are as useful as the NY stations. WFSB is the number 1 rated station in CT, they cover FFLD County more than NY does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut