U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 12:03 PM

10,372 posts, read 7,285,561 times

Advertisements

If Fairfield County is part NYC metro area Why NY never regonzied it but they lean more toward New Jersey and Long Island
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 11:30 PM

16 posts, read 12,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
If Fairfield County is part NYC metro area Why NY never regonzied it but they lean more toward New Jersey and Long Island
Excellent point, I have been saying this for years. When I ask Cablevision about it they refuse to answer the question. If you do a bad job at work, you get a low pay or teminated. The NY channels should be terminated from CT for their poor performances. Look at Hurricanes Irene & Sandy and the blizzard, did the CT channels cover the area from Greenwich to West Haven, yes they did. Did the NY channels? Absolutely not! They ran to NJ & LI.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:34 AM

2,005 posts, read 1,373,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Channels are worthless View Post
Excellent point, I have been saying this for years. When I ask Cablevision about it they refuse to answer the question. If you do a bad job at work, you get a low pay or teminated. The NY channels should be terminated from CT for their poor performances. Look at Hurricanes Irene & Sandy and the blizzard, did the CT channels cover the area from Greenwich to West Haven, yes they did. Did the NY channels? Absolutely not! They ran to NJ & LI.
That's because NJ and LI had a lot of devastation and CT did not. They didn't cover Westchester much either.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:38 AM

16 posts, read 12,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
That's because NJ and LI had a lot of devastation and CT did not. They didn't cover Westchester much either.
Forgetting these storms, when do the NY stations ever cover stories in CT, only when 2 firefighters die in a Bridgeport fire and 7 people die in a plane crash in Stratford. Where are they for the every day and human nature stories? What about the weather for Bridgeport-Milford? What about HS and Bridgeport Bluefish & Soundtiger scores and highlights?

Old 01-02-2014, 05:52 PM

2,730 posts, read 2,492,135 times
I had Directv when I lived in Stratford and I was unable to get the CT local channels b/c FFC is in the NYC DMA. So this is not unique to Cablevision. Although there is a work around with D*, where after installation you tell them you've moved to a different address in a CT county that gets the local CT channels and that you've taken your receivers with you (I gave them my parents address in NHC). This is probably not possible with Cablevision.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:06 PM

8,780 posts, read 16,274,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
I had Directv when I lived in Stratford and I was unable to get the CT local channels b/c FFC is in the NYC DMA. So this is not unique to Cablevision. Although there is a work around with D*, where after installation you tell them you've moved to a different address in a CT county that gets the local CT channels and that you've taken your receivers with you (I gave them my parents address in NHC). This is probably not possible with Cablevision.
For Cablevision, it has nothing to do with the DMA. If a CT channel isn't in their lineup, it's because they won't carry it, not because they're precluded from carriage.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
For Cablevision, it has nothing to do with the DMA. If a CT channel isn't in their lineup, it's because they won't carry it, not because they're precluded from carriage.
With FFC being in the NYC DMA, they aren't required to carry the CT locals for customers in FFC. I always thought they did b/c they have overlap into NHC (Milford, Orange and Woodbridge) where they have to carry the CT locals, and it was just easier to carry one package of channels (NYC and CT) for their CT footprint.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:26 PM

10,372 posts, read 7,285,561 times
Can FFC vote to be out of NYC DMA

Old 01-02-2014, 06:29 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,373,090 times
Quote:
Uh no

Old 01-02-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
No. It was created by Nielsen and the FCC has basically co-opted it through regulations. Media market - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut