U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 06:40 AM

2,643 posts, read 1,897,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaraCT View Post
Hall is a wonderful school. I went to a prestigious college and found some of my AP classes at Hall more challenging than those in college. I agree it is the equivalent of a private school education. Conard has an excellent football team and is a good school but I would say Hall is better academically,
Really? I would imagine they use the same curriculum and have plenty of traveling teachers between the two high schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 12:37 PM

24,738 posts, read 40,355,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Really? I would imagine they use the same curriculum and have plenty of traveling teachers between the two high schools.
I agree. I think the difference has more to do with socio-economics of the students than the actual curriculum. Still both are excellent schools. Jay

Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 PM

62 posts, read 150,407 times
To my recollection, most teachers didn't teach at both high schools. Hall is definitely better academically, but that doesn't mean Conard is bad. Conard is excellent, too, but for some reason (possibly the socioeconomic one) Hall is superior.

If i were moving back to WH, yes, I'd try for the Hall side of town--but I would not worry one bit if we ended up in Conard's district. You can't go wrong with either school.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:47 PM

15 posts, read 25,558 times
Thanks, all, for the input. We ended up finding a house farther away from the Center than we'd planned and we will be in the Norfeldt school district. My husband and I are excited to become West Hartford residents this summer!

Old 03-16-2013, 04:39 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,329,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToCTin13 View Post
Thanks, all, for the input. We ended up finding a house farther away from the Center than we'd planned and we will be in the Norfeldt school district. My husband and I are excited to become West Hartford residents this summer!
Norfeldt is excellent also, and the NW part of town is very nice. Welcome to WH!

Old 03-16-2013, 05:07 PM

Thanks, neighbor!

P.S. Not sure if you have kids. If you do, any thoughts about preschools in West Hartford?

Old 03-16-2013, 05:53 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,329,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToCTin13 View Post
Thanks, neighbor!

P.S. Not sure if you have kids. If you do, any thoughts about preschools in West Hartford?
Sorry, no...our kid started in elementary (Aiken), went through KP middle school, and is now at Hall. I see you've posted a separate thread on this, I'm sure you'll get inputs.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Rajmelk.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 536 times
Default West Hartford Schools

We moved last year and evaluated each school district because we had two elementary aged children. While we wanted to be able to walk to the center we choose the Bugbee School district because we had heard many positive things and great test scores. We live in a great neighbor full of kids and even though we cant walk to Bugbee (kids have short bus ride) the school has been great. Both of our kids have been so happy and there is tons of parent involvement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or