U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:43 AM

943 posts, read 3,819,489 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any general comments about the Brass Mill Center? Cleanliness? Crime? Who do you think the mall caters most to demographically? Those are just starting points. Any comments would be welcomed? Is it true they are building another mall in Waterbury? Anybody know anything about what this mall is expected to be like? Is it going to be better than Brass Mill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 05:50 AM

2,102 posts, read 6,948,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogplife View Post
Does anybody have any general comments about the Brass Mill Center? Cleanliness? Crime? Who do you think the mall caters most to demographically? Those are just starting points. Any comments would be welcomed? Is it true they are building another mall in Waterbury? Anybody know anything about what this mall is expected to be like? Is it going to be better than Brass Mill?
In my opinion, the mall caters primarily to those who know precisely what they want and expect to be in and out rather quickly. It's not the type of mall where you'd make a day of it. (There's also a JC Penney, Sears, and Macy's.)

The stores are geared toward low- to mid-market shoppers, especially young, female buyers. The only stores that cater to men in the way of clothing are Old Navy, H&M, and Steve & Barry's.

In other words, it's OK but nothing stellar.

The "other mall" isn't a mall but rather a plaza or strip mall near Costco (exits 25A or 26 off I-84). From what I hear, Kohl's has signed on to the project.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:59 AM

3,161 posts, read 8,094,295 times
I agree with Rich, Brass Mill is nothing special but does have most of your typical mall stores. I guess it is as clean as any other mall...not sure about the crime stats, you could probably call Waterbury Police and get info. I would think that it is no more unsafe than any other mall. I have been there a few times and felt as safe there as I do in the malls in Trumbull, Milford, West Farms, etc.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:42 AM

21 posts, read 67,248 times
We pretty much go to the mall for the cinema. It's convenient (5 miles away) and always clean and not too crowded.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:24 PM

97 posts, read 361,002 times
Default Anywhere.....

I think it's safe to say that no matter where you are you should always take caution along with you. I lived in Waterbury Ct for 18 years and always watched my back, never ventured out at night by myself, and observed people around me in general. The mall is not in a great section but remember your in a city. Things happen all over, even places you would never think.There are sick people all over the place and the poor innocent ones are the victims. Just proceed with caution and be alert!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut